2.实用对话
Salesgirl: Would you like to see our new shirts?
女店员:您要看看我们的新款衬衣吗?
Steve: Sorry, I'm not really that interested in those things.
史蒂夫:不好意思,我对那些东西不是很感兴趣。
Salesgirl: They are very nice, you know.
女店员:您知道,这些衬衣非常不错。
Steve: Really?
史蒂夫:是吗?
Salesgirl: And not expensive either.
女店员:并且还不贵。
Steve: Oh. I don't care about that.
史蒂夫:哦,我不关心这个。
Salesgirl: Everybody's buying them.
女店员:很多人都在买。
Steve: Are they?
史蒂夫:是吗?
Salesgirl : Yes, they are very fashionable, you see.
女店员:是的,您看,它们很时尚的。
Steve: I'm afraid I'm not interested in fashion. There are so many other really important things in the world. Fashion seems
so truly...unimportant.
史蒂夫:恐怕我对时尚可不感兴趣。世界上有很多真正重要的事情。时尚其实真的…不重要。
Salesgirl: I see. But looking professional is important. If you don't look good, people will think you are not a good or
smart person and they might not trust you either.
女店员:我知道。但着装职业化也是很重要的。如果外表不好的话,人们会认为你不是一个好人或者不是一个聪明的人,他们也不会信任你。
Steve: But thank you very much all the same.
史蒂夫:不过我还是要谢谢你。
Salesgirl: Sorry. I couldn't help you.
女店员:很遗憾,没能给您提供任何服务。