2.实用对话
Being a Tutor做家庭老师
Lucy: I have a friend. He's my best friend and he wants to leam English. He would pay about 100 yuan per hour. Are you
interested?
露西:我有个朋友,他是我最好的朋友,想学英语,并且一个小时会付一百块钱左右。你有兴趣吗?
Mark: I don't know.
马克:不知道。
Lucy: So I take it you're not interested.
露西:这么说你没兴趣。
Mark: No, Lucy. Don't get me wrong. I do need part-time jobs. I mean school will be open on September 2nd. And I will have a
very tight schedule by then.
马克:不是,露西。别误会,我确实需要兼职工作。我的意思是说学校九月二号开学,到时候我肯定会很忙。
Lucy: Don't worry. My friend says he can always arrange his schedule around your schedule.
露西:别担心,我朋友说他会按你的计划来调整他的时间。
Mark: That'll be fine. When can I see him?
马克:那就太好了。我什么时候能见他?
Lucy: Let's do it this way. I'll bring him to your place this Saturday. Then you two can iron out a schedule.
露西:这么着吧。我周六把带他到你那儿。然后你们俩可以定个计划。
Mark: Make sure you get here before noon. I'll be picking my friend up at the airport in the afternoon.
马克:一定要在中午之前来,我下午还要去机场接个朋友。
Lucy: How are you going to get there?
露西:那你怎么去机场?
Mark: By bus, of course.
马克:当然是坐公交车了。
Lucy: I'm sure my friend can give you a ride.
露西:我肯定我朋友会开车送你去的。
Mark: A ride would be great.
马克:能开车送我去那就太好了。