Discounting a Bill of Exchange
汇票贴现
A bank clerk receives a telephone call from a businessman inquiring about discounting a bill of exchange.
银行职员接到了一个商人打来的电话,询问有关汇票贴现的事情。
Clerk:First National Bank.May I help you ?
职员:这里是第一国民银行,我可以为您做什么?
Businessman:Yes,please,I'd like to get some information about discounting a bill of exchange .
商人:是的,我想了解一些有关汇票贴现方面的情况,
Do you do that?
你们银行有这项业务吗?
C:Yes ,sir .We can handle the discounting of bills of exchange if they meet certain criteria.
职员:是的,先生。我们能够办理汇票贴现,只要这些汇票是合乎一定标准的。
Can you tell what kind of a bill you have?
您能否告诉我,您持有的是哪一种汇票吗?
B:Yes,it's a ninety-day bill for $6,750.00.It matures about two months from now.
商人:可以的。我有一张90天的面值为6,750美元的汇票,从现在起还有两个月到期。
I didn't think we'd have to discount it ,but I need the working capital right now.
我本身并不是很情愿地想贴现这张汇票,但是我眼下急需流动资金。
How do I discount it ?
您说,这怎样才能把这张汇票贴现呢?
C:Well ,we can discount certain trade and commercial bills and certain trade acceptances in addition to most bankers acceptances .
职员:噢,除了大多数银行可承兑的票据外,我们还贴现某些贸易,商业票据以及某些贸易可承兑票据。
The discount rate depends on the terms of the bill,the amount ,the reputation of the drawee and the reputation of the drawer.
但是贴现率取决于票据的期限、金额、付款人和开票人的声誉。
B:Why does it depend on drawer's reputation or financial status?
商人:为什么贴现率要取决于开票人的声誉和财政状况呢?
C:Well,we discount most bills on a full-recoures basis .Should the bill be dishonoured upon presentation ,
职员:噢,我们是在一个完全有追索权的基础上对大多数的票据贴现的。如果出示的票据被拒付,
it would be returned on recourse to the drawer.
那么票据就退回给开票人,以追索款项。
B:I see ...Is it difficult to handle the paperwork? I'm not sure just what I should do .
商人:我明白了。办理票据手续难办吗?我不太清楚我应该做些什么。
C:Well,the best thing is to come in and talk with our discount officer .
职员:最好的办法是到银行来,同我们这里负责贴现的高级职员谈谈,
He can give you all the information you need.
他会告诉你所需要知道的一切信息。