UNIT2 Everyday Life
第二单元 日常生活
Part2 Time and Appointments
第2部分 时间与约会
Dialogue 1
会话1
A: Hey, you are behind time again.
A: 嗯,你又迟到了。
B: Are you kidding? I'm just on time. Look at my watch. It's 10 sharp now.
B: 别开玩笑了,我准时到达。看我的表,10点整。
A: Do you think your watch is right?
A: 你觉得你的表准吗?
B: You bet. I have just set my watch by the radio time signal.
B: 当然,我刚刚和电台报时信号对过。
Dialogue 2
会话2
A: Professor Wang, I am sorry I won't be able to see you this afternoon. I've got a cold.
A: 王教授,很抱歉我今天下午不能来见您了。我感冒了。
B: Oh, I am sorry to hear about that.
B: 噢,对此我感到很遗憾。
A: I wonder if I could postpone my appointment till some other time?
A: 我是否可以推迟我们的约会?
B: No problem. Take good care of yourself.
B: 好的。保重身体。
A: I will, thank you.
A: 我会的,谢谢您。
Dialogue 3
会话3
A: Oh, hello, John. Does your watch keep good time?
A: 噢.你好约翰。你的表准吗?
B: Not really. In fact it's sometimes five minutes slow. So I usually have to start out five minutes earlier.
B: 不太准,实际上它有时会慢5分钟。所以我通常会提前5分钟出发。
A: How is the time now?
A: 那现在时间是多少?
B: Oh, never fear! we have plenty of time.
B: 别担心,我们有的是时间。
A: We'd better rush now. You know, I'd like to be earlier than the appointed time. Early birds always get the worms.
A: 我们还是快点吧。你知道的,我希望能比约定的时间早点到。早起的鸟儿有食吃嘛。