Changing Dollars to Yen
美元兑换日元
Cyrus Morton is visiting Tokyo on his vacation.He stops into the Higashi Bank to change some dollars into yen .
休假期间,赛勒斯·莫顿在东京参观游览,他步入东银行,把一些美元兑换成日元。
Clerk:Good afternoon ,sir.May I help you ?
职员:午安,先生,我能为您做些什么?
Morton:Yes,please .I want to get some yen notes for my stay in Japan .Can I buy them with American dollars?
莫顿:是的,谢谢。在我逗留日本期间,希望换些日币,我可以用美元购买日币吗?
C:Yes,sir .We are an authorized foreign exchange bank and can change them for you .
职员:可以的,先生。我们是经批准的外汇银行,能够为您兑换货币。
M:Well,I have got $467.89 that I want to change .What's the exchange rate today ?
莫顿:那我,我想把476美元89美分兑换成日元,今天的兑换率是多少呢?
C:Today's rate for cash purchases is listed on this chart here.I can exchange the bills for you ,but we cannot take the coins.
职员:今天的现款购买兑换率列在这里的这张图表上,我可给您兑换纸币,但是我们不收硬币。
M:Oh,really ?Why not ?
莫顿:哦,真的吗?为什么呢?
C:We don't deal in coins ,sir .Usually ,we have very little request for coin exchange and it makes it difficult for us to maintain a supply of coins adequate to what may be needed .
职员:我们不买硬币,先生。平时我们这里很少需要兑换硬币,这样,就使我们很难确保存一批足够的硬币应付可能的需要量。
M:Oh,yes,I remember that was true in America ,too.I couldn't get any yen coins before I left .
莫顿:哦,是的,我记得在美国也是如此。看来,在我离开之前,可能是一点日本硬币也弄不到了。
C:Our head office may keep a supply of coins ,but branches rarely do .So we just exchange the bills and make up any difference in Japanese coins.
职员:我们总行可能提供硬币,但是分行很少有这样做的。因此,我们只能兑换纸币并用日本硬币补齐差额。
Do you have your passport with you ?
您带着护照吗?
M:Yes,here it is .
莫顿:带着,在这里。
C:Well,please sign your name and local address on this exchange request .
职员:请把您的姓名、本地住址写在这张兑换申请单上,
Also put down your passport number .I'll get your yen for you while you're filling this out .
还要写上您的护照号码。在您填写时,我给您准备日元。