Special Savings Plans
特种储蓄章程
Sally Berklin wants information about the Savings Bond plan at the First National Bank.
萨利·伯克兰在第一国民银行想得知一些有关储蓄债券章程的信息,
She is talking to the manager of the Savings Department .
她正在和储蓄部门经理谈话。
Berklin:What do you mean about the Savings Bond plan?Is it possible for me to use that type of account ,too?
伯克兰:您所说的储蓄债券章程是什么意思?我是否也能使用这种帐户呢?
Manager:Yes,of course .We offer it to all our customers.Our Savings Bond program offers our highest rate of interest for long-term savers.
经理:当然可以,我们向所有顾客提供这种帐户。我们的储蓄债券章程对长期存款储户提供最高利率。
Actually ,they are certificates of deposit for maturities of six to ten years ,
实际上它们是定期为6到10年的存单,
and are available in any amount from $5,000 to $100,000.
存款额从5,000美元到100,000美元的任何定期存单。
B:Oh,they are only for people with lots of money .
伯克兰:哦,这个章程只是为那些很有钱的人设立的。
M:Well ,actually you'd be surprised at the number of middle-income people who use this program ,especially retired people.
经理:实际上,相当多的中等收入的人特别是退休的人都用这种章程,您会对其使用人数之多感到惊奇。
You see ,we pay accumulated interest by bank check every quarter.
您看,我们每个委度都以银行支票的形式向顾客支付累计利息,
So they are almost like an investment plan .
因此,这些存款几乎就是一笔投资规划。
B:That sounds very nice.But what if I have to cash in the Savings Bond before maturity?
伯克兰:听起来真不错,但是如果我不得不提前兑现储蓄债券怎么办?
M:Well,unfortunately ,you would incur a penalty ,as with any premature cancellation of a time deposit .
经理:很遗憾,就象提前支取定期存款一样,您得接受一定罚款。
But we encourage customers not to buy Savings Bonds unless they are reasonably sure they can hold them until matuity .
但是,我们希望顾客们十分确信有把握直到期满才支取存款,再来购买储蓄债券。
B:They sound like an excellent investment idea,especially the advantage of receiving earned interest every three months .
伯克兰:听起来这是个极好的投资办法,特别是每3个月就能得到利息的好处。
I'll consider placing some of my savings in Savings Bonds as soon as I save enough.
等我把钱攒够了,我马一考虑把我的一部分积蓄换成储蓄债券。