否定
I don't have the slightest idea.
我一点都不知道。
I have no idea.
我不知道。
No idea.
我不知道。
I don't know.
我不知道。
slightest是slight的最高级,在此表示的是“最微小的”。“I don't have the slightest idea.”比“I have no idea.”的否定语气更加强烈。
That's not right.
那是不对的。
A: She was born in 1854.
她出生于1854年。
B:That's not right.
那是不对的。
It's all wrong.
全错了。
A: The plane will take off at 4 pm.
飞机下午四点起飞。
B:It's all wrong.
全错了。
You've got it all wrong.= Wrong on both counts.
你全弄错了。
I don't think you're right about it.
我想你错了。
A: I don't think you're right about it.
我想你错了。
B:Oh, really?
哦,真的吗?
That's not what I mean.=I didn't mean that.
我不是那个意思。
You misunderstood me.
你误解我了。
Your idea is fundamentally wrong.
你的想法根本就是错的。
A: Life is meaningless.
生活真没意思。
B: Your idea is fundamentally wrong.
你的想法根本就是错的。
fundamentally ad. 根本地
It's actually not the case.
实际情况并非如此。
A:You must be very busy.
你一定很忙。
B: It's actually not the case.
实际情况并非如此。
Certainly not= Of course not.
当然不是。
I don't think so.
我不这样认为。
A:She is cute.
她很可爱。
B:I don't think so.
我不这样认为。
There's no need to start out that early.
没有必要走得那么早。
A:Could we start at twelve?
12点出发可以吗?
B: There's no need to start out that early. Let's make it one o'clock and we still leave half an hour's margin.
没有必要走得那么早,咱们定在1点吧,那样还能留出半小时空余时间。
start out“出发,动身”
How could that be?= How could that happen?
怎么会这样?
No way.= Never.= Definitely not.= Absolutely not.
绝对不是。
非常坚决地否定或拒绝。
I'm very sorry I can't.
对不起,不行。
A: I've run out of money. Can you lend me 100 dollars?
我的钱用光了,你能借我100美元吗?
B:I'm very sorry I can't.
对不起,不行。
That makes no sense.= That doesn't make sense.
那也太没道理了。
make sense“有意义,讲得通”
I'm not talking about that.= That's not what I'm talking about.
我没说那个。
A: The movie is very interesting.
电影很有意思。
B:I'm not talking about that.
我没说那个。
talk about“谈论,讨论”
Rubbish.= Nonsense.
瞎说。
A: You must fall in love with Jane.
你一定爱上简了。
B:Rubbish.
瞎说。
rubbish n. 废话,胡说八道
I'm afraid there's some misunderstanding here.
恐怕这儿有点误解。
A: Why do J have to pay it myself?
为什么我自己付款呢?
B: I'm afraid there's some misunderstanding here.
恐怕这儿有点误解。
misunderstanding n. 误会,误解