Welcome to English in a Minute, where we teach you all about idioms in American English.
欢迎收听本期的《一分钟英语》,在这里我们将告诉您一些美语中的俚语。
There are times when something occurs and you might say, "This left a bad taste in my mouth."
有些时候发生了某事,你可能会说,“在我嘴里留下了不好的味道”
What does this phrase mean?
这是什么意思呢?
A bad taste in my mouth.
A bad taste in my mouth.(我嘴里有不好的味道,意即不好的记忆)
Hey, how was your vacation?
嘿,假期怎么样?
It was great. But we had all of money stolen from our hotel room.
棒极了。但是在旅店时,我们钱都被偷光了。
Oh, I am sorry to hear that.
噢,真不幸。
I konw, the whole thing left a really bad taste in my mouth.
我知道,这真不是一段好回忆。(A bad taste in my mouth.)
If something leaves you with a bad taste in your mouth, you feel there is something wrong about the situation.
如果某事给你留下了一个bad taste(坏味道),意思就是你对该件事的感觉很不好。
It gives you an unpleasant feeling or memory.
它给你不舒服的感觉,或者留下一段不好的记忆。
Of course, you also can eat something that literally leaves a bad taste in your mouth.
当然,也可以指字面上的意思,即吃到味道很糟糕的东西。
Either way, if something leaves a bad taste in your mouth, it isn't good.
不管怎样,如果某事“在你嘴里留下不好的味道”这都不是什么好事。
And that's English in a Minute.
以上就是本期的《一分钟英语》。