Once Lost,Now Found
山穷水尽,柳暗花明
After breakfast the next morning, Kathy and Evan say goodbye to Gertrude and her mother and take their leave.
第二天早餐后,凯西和艾凡向葛楚德和她妈妈道别并且启程离开。
K:They were sweet. Everyone is so friendly here so far.
凯西:她们真是好心。到目前为止,这里每个人都很友善。
E:I can't believe our luck. Even our "bad" luck turns into good luck!
艾凡:我真不敢相信我们运气会这么好。连我们的“坏”运竟也成了好运!
K:The route Gertrude suggested is sure pretty. There ar e so many farms along the way. So many trees, ponds, rivers.
凯西:葛楚德建议的路线,风景的确很美。沿途有这么多农场,这么多树木、池塘、河流。
E:And castles. You can notice some of them on the tops of the hills. Many of them are ruins, but you can sense that Germany has a lot of history.
艾凡:还有城堡。你可以看到山顶上的一些城堡。许多城堡已成废墟,但是你可以感受到德国有丰富的历史。
K:Uh-oh. What if the people on the border to Denmark don't speak English?
凯西:糟了。如果丹麦边界上的人不会说英语怎么办呢?
E:Don't be silly. Nearly everyone here in northern Europe speaks some English. Of course, the customs officers must know some English.
艾凡:别傻了。在北欧这里几乎每个人都会讲一点英语。海关官员一定会懂一些英语的。
K:I hope so. I'm part Danish, but I don't know any Danish.
凯西:希望如此。我有部分丹麦血统,但我不会说丹麦语。
E:Like me. I'm part Dutch, but I don't know any Dutch.
艾凡:跟我一样。我有部分荷兰血统,但我不会说荷语。
K:Maybe we should learn a foreign language.
凯西:也许我们应该学一种外语。
E:I think you're right. But I would want to learn German. And you?
艾凡:我想你说得对。我想学德语。你呢?
K:Japanese. I love Japanese food!
凯西:日语。我喜欢日本料理!