Stopping for Gas
停车加油
Kathy and Evan finish their picture taking and continue driving.
凯西和艾凡拍完照后继续开车。
E:Uh-oh. My gas gauge is way down.
艾凡:糟了。车子油表指针降到底了。
I'd better stop someplace for gas.
我最好找个地方停车加油。
K:There's always a gas station or two at every exit of a highway.
凯西:高速公路的每个出口都有一、两个加油站。
Just take the next exit.
就在下个出口下去吧。
E:As luck would have it, there's an exit right here.
艾凡:运气真好,这里刚好就有一个出口。
You're right. There's the sign for gas. I'll get off here.
你说得没错。那里有个加油的告示牌。我就在这里下去了。
Evan drives off the ramp and along the road to the nearest gas station. An attendant comes out to their car.
艾凡开车下了匝道,沿路开到最近的加油站。一名加油站服务人员从里面走出来,来到他们的车前。
E:Good morning. Er, do you speak English?
艾凡:早安。呃,你会讲英文吗?
A:Some. Not too good. Can I help you?
服务员:会一点儿。但不太好。需要我为你效劳吗?
E:Yes, would you please fill 'er up?
艾凡:是的,麻烦你加满好吗?
A:I'm sorry?
服务员:对不起,你说什么?
E:Uh, I'd like some gas. As much as you can.
艾凡:嗯,我想加汽油。加越多越好。
A:Oh! I see. Just a minute.
服务员:噢!我知道了。请等一下。
She fills the tank.
她把油箱加满。
E:Thank you. Do you take credit cards?
艾凡:谢谢。你们这里接受信用卡付费吗?
A:Sorry?
服务员:对不起,你说什么?
E:showing her a credit cardDo you take these?
艾凡:拿一张信用卡给她看你们接受这种吗?
A:Ya! Visa! Just a minute.
服务员:啊!Visa卡!请稍等一下。
E:I guess credit cards are the international language!
艾凡:我想信用卡是国际语言!