Showing the Room
看房间
The hostel owner shows Kathy and Evan the room.
青年旅社的老板带凯西和艾凡去看房间。
O:Well, do you like it?
老板:怎么样,喜欢吗?
E:Gee, it's really nice. I didn't expect such a room at a hostel, uh, I mean...
艾凡:哇,这房间实在不错。我没有想到青年旅社会有这么好的房间,呃,我是说……
O:You can speak frankly around me, young man. I know what you mean. After all, this isn't the Ritz! But we have very clean rooms and simple but useful facilities.
老板:年轻人,在我面前你可以坦白说。我知道你的意思。毕竟,这里并不是丽池饭店!但是我们有非常干净的房间和简朴实用的设备。
E:What if we want to place a call?
艾凡:如果我们想打电话呢?
O:There are no phones in the room, but you can use the desk phone anytime. We never close the living room, but we request that our guests be considerate of others.
老板:房间里头没有电话,但是你们可以在任何时候使用桌上的电话。我们从来不会关客厅的门,但是我们要求房客要体谅别人。
E:Yes, of course. Oh, is this a mini-refrigerator?
艾凡:那当然。哦,这是迷你电冰箱吗?
O:Yes, it is, but we request that you keep only bottled drinks inside, no food. You can buy your snacks outside and eat them in the living room, dining room, or TV room.
老板:是的。但是我们要求里面只能放瓶装饮料,不能放食物。你们可以在外面买点心进来客厅、餐厅或电视间吃。
E:That's reasonable. I don't imagine there's air-conditioning.
艾凡:这很合理。我想这里没有空调吧。
O:There's no need! This is Amsterdam, not Miami! But there's a ceiling fan if you like.
老板:没有必要!这里是阿姆斯特丹,不是迈阿密!但如果你们需要的话,天花板上有个电风扇。
E:Wow! This is great. We'll take it!
艾凡:哇!太棒了。我们就要这间了!
O:I knew you would.
老板:我就知道你们会的。