Reality Check
考虑现实问题
Kathy and Evan continue discussing the possibility of going to Europe for a trip.
凯西和艾凡继续讨论到欧洲旅行一趟的可能性。
Evan:That would be great, just you and me traveling around Europe. But,wait. Reality check.
艾凡:就只有你和我到欧洲旅行,这太棒了。不过且慢。考虑一下现实问题。
Kathy:But what? You mean it's too expensive?
凯西:考虑什么?你的意思是到欧洲旅行太贵了。
Evan:Precisely! Do you know how much it would cost? I could afford the air fare maybe, but, you know, the hotels and everything would be pricey.
艾凡:完全正确!你知道那要花多少钱吗?我也许可以负担机票钱,但是,你知道旅馆和其它所有的费用很花钱的。
Kathy:But we wouldn't have to stay in hotels.
凯西:但是我们并不需要住在旅馆啊。
Evan:We wouldn't?
艾凡:不用吗?
Kathy:Of course not. We might be able to stay with our relatives. Even if we couldn't, we could always stay in hostels.
凯西:当然不用。我们也许可以住在我们亲戚家里。即使不能,也可以都住在青年旅社里。
Evan:I forgot about hostels! They're much cheaper.
艾凡:我忘了青年旅社,住那儿便宜多了。
Kathy:They certainly are. And we could take ground transportation throughout Europe, too.
凯西:当然。而且我们也可以走铁公路游欧洲。
Evan:And not buy too much. But can we get tickets in time?
艾凡:而且不要买太多东西。但是我们可以及时买到机票吗?
Kathy:I don't know, but I do know a guy in my neighborhood who works in a travel agency. I could ask him.
凯西:我不知道,但我认识我家附近一个在旅行社工作的人。我可以问他。
Evan:Oh? Who is this guy?
艾凡:哦?这家伙是谁?
Kathy:Oh? Aren't we jealous all of a sudden!
凯西:哦?我是不是突然闻到一股醋味呢!