What a Bright Idea!
好主意!
Kathy Mannings and Evan Whiting are discussing graduation plans.
凯西·曼宁斯和艾凡·怀汀正在讨论毕业计画。
K:Evan, I can't believe we're finally going to graduate from graduate school.
凯西:艾凡,真难以相信我们研究所终于要毕业了。
E:Me neither. It's been a long six years.
艾凡:我也很难相信。好长的六年时间。
K:Are you going to work right after we graduate?
凯西:毕业后你随即就业吗?
E:I should, but I'd like to travel around a bit before settling down. At least for the summer.
艾凡:我应该马上就业的,但是我想在安定下来前先旅行一阵子,至少在这个夏天。
K:Me too. Dad said he'd approve of my going to Europe. He has some relatives there that I could visit.
凯西:我也是。我爸说他同意我到欧洲去。他有些亲戚在那里,我可以去拜访他们。
E:Really? I have relatives in Europe, too. In fact, I was thinking of going there, too!
艾凡:真的吗?我在欧洲也有亲戚。实际上,我也考虑去那里!
K:What a coincidence! Where are your relatives?
凯西:太巧了!你的亲戚住哪儿?
E:In the Netherlands. They're on my mother's side.
艾凡:荷兰。他们是我母亲娘家那边的亲戚。
K:My dad's relatives are in Sweden.
凯西:我爸的亲戚住在瑞典。
E:Those would be great countries to visit, wouldn't they?
艾凡:这两个国家都会是观光的好去处,不是吗?
K:I'll say. Say, you don't suppose we could travel to Europe together after graduation, do you?
凯西:一点也没错。咦,你不会是在想我们毕业后一起到欧洲旅行,是吧?
E:Kathy, what a bright idea!
艾凡:凯西,好主意!