1.take something into consideration 考虑某事物;体谅某事物
I always take fuel consumption into consideration when buying a car.
我买汽车时总要把燃油消耗费考虑在内。
Well then, then my decision must take into consideration the thoughts of my employees, so I will agree to it.
那好.我一定仔细考虑员工的意见再作决定.我会同意的.
The TX will also have to take into consideration ground crash safety for its occupants, handling, braking and passenger comfort.
“变形金刚”还必须将地面碰撞安全、驾驶性、刹车和乘客舒适度纳入考虑范围。
2.from scratch
白手起家
He built a new capital, St Petersburg, from scratch.
从白手起家,修建了俄国新首都圣彼得堡。
He set about creating from scratch a global movement that would be very different from previous nuclear-disarmament efforts.
他白手起家组建这别具一格的裁减全球核武器运动。
从头做起
If we were to start from scratch, how would we design a diet to keepour weight under control?
如果我们要从头做起,我们将如何设计持续控制体重的饮食?
So all the custom rules you write need to be written from scratch even if a built in one almost does what you want.
因此你所编写的所有自定义规则都需要从头做起,即便其中的一个已经几乎达到了你的目的。
3.on duty 值班,上班
We have lifeguards on duty.
我们有救生员值班。
Maybe it’s because they drink alcohol while on duty.
可能是因为他们在上班时间里喝酒喝高了吧。
But being so tired, his younger brother fell asleep, leaving him on the toilet for two hours till the teacher on duty discovered him.
但是,因为太累,他的弟弟一下睡着了,把他一个人留在厕所呆了两个小时,直到值班老师发现他。