1.“rather than”意思是“宁可……也不愿(与其……倒不如,而不是)”
We are to blame rather than they. 该受责备的是我们,而不是他们。
They were charging us by volume rather than by weight.
他们是按体积而不是按重量向我们收费。
Rather than studying business, what about starting a company from scratch?
与其学习商业课程,何不从零开始开一个公司?
would rather … than 宁可…也不;宁愿;宁愿…而不
He would rather play than work.
他“宁可”玩,却不愿工作。
I would rather stay than leave.
我愿意留下来而不想走。
I would rather go than stay here.
但愿他现在能和我一起去看电影。
2.take into account 考虑;重视;体谅
We have to take into account also the demand side.
我们应该也把需求方列入考量。
Yes, but we have take into account the factor of inflation and interest rate.
是的,不过我们把通货膨胀和利率因素都考虑在内了。
The proposed guidelines have been amended to take into account European concerns.
计划的指导方案考虑欧洲的关注点并进行修改。