56 Pointing-Out-Misunderstanding Response
56 指出错误答复
But I think....
可我认为.....
A:I don't think much of the film.
A:我认为电影不怎么样.
B:But I think it wasn't too bad.
B:我觉得不错.
A:Really? Do you like the story? It's sheer nonsense!
真的吗?你喜欢这样的故事?纯属瞎编.
B:It's exaggerated. Actually this sort of thing happens to everyone.
是有点夸张.可事实上这种事谁都碰到过.
I'm Sorry. I don't think so.
不,对不起.我不那么看.
A:I think this one will do.
A:我觉得这个就可以.
B:I'm sorry.I don't think so.
B:很抱歉,我不那么看.
A:Why? What's wrong with it ?
A:怎么?有什么问题吗?
B:It's much too hard for his age.
B:对他这个年龄的人来说太难了.
I'm afraid I can't agree with you.
我不大同意你的看法.
A:I think we should accept his plan.
A:我觉得我们应该接受他的计划.
B:I'm afraid I can't agree with you.
B:我不大同意你的看法.
A:Why? B:Simply because it's not practical at all.
A:为什么?B:因为它一点也不实际.
I don't think you're right.
我认为你搞错了.
A:Who did the stupid thing? B:It must be Kate.
A:谁干的蠢事?B:肯定是凯特.
A:No,I don't think you're right.
A:我认为你搞错了.
Kate never does things like that.It must be a naughty boy who did it.
凯特从不干这种事,肯定是个男孩子干的.
No...sounds wrong!
不...好像是搞错了.
A:Shakespeare was born in 1867
A:莎士比亚生于1867年.
B:No, it sounds wrong. He was born in the 16th century.
B:不,好像是搞错了.他生于16世纪.
A:Are you sure? Can you make it more exact? B:1564
A:真的?能不能说准确点儿?1564年
No, I can't agree with you.
不,我不同意你的看法.
A:She's pretty and meek.
A:她又漂亮又温顺.
B:No, I can't agree with you. She's one but not the other.
不,我不同意你的看法.前者正确,后者可不对.
A:What makes you think so?
A:我怎么这么认为呢?
B:She's my wife,you know.
B:你知道,她是我妻子.
You must be joking.
没开玩笑吧?
A:Jane is going to quit her job in the bank.
A:珍妮要辞去银行的工作.
B:You must be joking. The job is nice and she is well paid.
没开玩笑吧?她的工作不错,收入又高.
A:It's true, but she says she is tired of counting others' money.
真的,她说她不愿意给别人数钱了.
I wouldn't say that.
我可不这么认为.
A:They're very good friends,aren't they?
A:他们是好朋友吧?
B:I wouldn't say that.
B:我可不这么认为.
They seem to be on good terms but actually they always speak ill of each other
他们看起来好像关系不错,但是背后经常互相诽谤.
A:Oh,it's unbelievable!
A:噢,真是不可思议.
But I see things rather differently.
但是我有不同看法.
A:Titanic made a hit! It was so touching.
A:<泰坦尼克号>很成功!太动人了.
B:But I see things rather differently.
B:但是我有不同看法.
The heroing is not attractive and her acting is just so-so.
女主角并不吸引人,她的演技也一般.
A:The heroing may not be attractive. I like the story, though.
女主角可能不吸引人,但是我喜欢的是故事.
I'm not at all convinced.
我可不信.
A:I'm afraid I can't go to the pictures with you tomorrow.
A:恐怕明天不能跟你去看电影.
B:Busy with your work again?
B:又要忙工作?
A:Not really. I'm expected to attend a meeting.
A:也不是,我得参加一个会议.
B:I'm not at all convinced. Tomorrow is Saturday!
B:我可不信.明天是周六!
I don't think I share your view there.
我不大同意你的观点.
A:Many people say it's a good story.But Ithink it's boring!
许多人都说那本小说不错,可是我觉得很无聊.
B:I don't think I share your view there.
B:我不大同意你的观点.
The writer is writing about history, society, human nature and so on.
作者写的历史、社会、人性等,
It's too hard to understand.
理解起来是很难的.
A:Maybe you're right.
A:也许你对吧.
I rather doubt it.
我持怀疑态度.
A:He's honest, hardworking and responsible.
A:他诚实、努力、有责任感。
I simply can't find any shortcoming of his as an employee.
作为一名雇员,我没有发现他任何毛病。
B:I rather doubt it.You're cheated by his appearance, I think.
B:我持怀疑态度。你肯定被他的外表其骗了。
A:Don't be so jealous. He never speaks ill of you before me.
别那么嫉妒好不好,在我面前他可从没说过你的坏话.
I disagree with...on/about...
我不同意...
A:The plan is ambitious but practical, isn't it?
这个计划雄心勃勃,但很实际,不是吗?
B:I disagree with you about it.
B:我不同意你的看法.
A:Why? Tell us in details how you see it.
A:为什么 ,请详细谈谈你的看法.
I don't see eye to eye with you.
我可不这样认为.
A:It's not good for business recently.
A:最近生意不大好做.
B:Not good for business? I don't see eye to eye with you.
B:不好做?我可不这样认为.
The new policy offers new opportunities.A:Too risky anyway.
新政策提供了新机遇.
It's necessary to look before you leap.
反正风险太大了,你可有必要三思而行.
You're mistaken about...
关于.....你错了.
A:Japanese is easy to leam.
A:日语容易学.
B:You're mistaken about it. As a matter of fact, it's very hard.
B:不对,事实上很难很难.
A:I don't think so.
A:我可不那么想.
There're so many familiar characters and they sound just like Chinese.
那么多熟悉的单字,听起来也很像汉语.
B:You're quite right.
B:不错,
But many Japanese leamers begin with smiles on their faces
但是很多学日语的人是笑着开始,
and end up with tears in their eyes.
哭着停止.
That won't do!
不行!
A:Camping in the mountain is great fun!
A:在山里露营是很有意思的!
B:That won't do! It's too risky.
B:不行,太危险!
A:What can we do then? Stay at home?
A:那干什么呢?呆在家里?
No,let's go to the country and stay at with your grandparents for a few days.
不,到乡下去和爷爷奶奶一起住几天.
A:All right.
A:好吧.
I'm against it.
我反对.
A:You should accept this arrangement.
A:你应该接受这个安排.
B:No, I'm against the absurd arrangement.
不,我不先赞成这样不合理的安排.
A:Absurd? Tell me your argument.
A:不合理?把你的理由告诉我.
n. 演戏,行为,假装 adj. 代理的,临时的,供演出