ACT I
A little further to the right, Tom. 再往右一点,Tom。
Is this OK? 这样可以吗?
Good. What do you think, Richard? 好。你看呢?
I like it there. 摆在那儿很好。
It's the first thing people will see when they come in. 这是人们走进来所看到的第一件东西。
It sets the tone for the whole show. 它决定了整个展览的气氛。
The next thing they'll see is 他们接着看到的
this enlargement with the words Family Album, U.S.A. Family Album, U.S.A. 这几个放大的字。
I can't believe this is really happening! 我不敢相信这一切真的发生了!
You've earned it. 这是你应得的报偿。
Years of work went into these pictures. 多年心血换来这些照片。
I know, but it's still a dream come true. 我知道,但这终究是一个梦想实现了。
Well, remember, 嗯,记住,
we're not sure 我们还不能肯定
what the critics are going to write about your show yet. 评论家们会对你的展览写些什么。
And you never know 而你永远也不知道
what the man from the New York Times is going to say about it. 纽约时报的那个人会说些什么。
Are you worried? 你担心吗?
I always worry. 我一向担心。
The reviews of this show 与这次展览有关的评论
are important for the sales of your book. 对于你这本书的销售很重要。
When do we see the reviews? 什么时候我们可以看到评论?
Soon. 很快。
One of the critics is coming over this morning for a preview. 一位评论家今天早上要来看预展。
I hope he's in a good mood. 我希望他心情不错。
So do I. 我也是。
Marilyn and I hope to use money from the sales of this book Marilyn和我希望用这本书销售的钱
to buy a new house. 来买一栋新房子。
The book will be a success. 这本书会成功的。
And the show will help promote it. 而这次展览会有利于促销它。
Speaking of promoting the book, 说起促销书的事,
do I really have to 我是不是真的有必要
autograph copies for the guests at the opening? 在展览开幕时为客人在书上签名?
It's common practice. 这是惯例。
I feel uncomfortable about it. 我对此感到满不好意思的。
A lot of people come to openings 许多人参加开幕式
just so they can get 就是为了得到
the autograph of somebody who may be famous someday. 将来有可能成名的人的签名。
Couldn't we wait until I'm famous? 难道不能等到我成名了再说?
That might be sooner than you think. 那也许比你想像的要快。
This one over here, Mr. Carlson? 这张就摆这儿吗,Carlson先生?
A little further back, Tom. 再往后一点,Tom。
It's too close to the refreshments. 它离茶点太近了。
No, I think this one belongs in the "people-at-work" section. 不,我认为它属于“工作中的人们”那一区。
You may be right. 也许你说的对。
Try it there, Tom. 放在那儿试试,Tom。
Right. 好。
Nervous about the opening tonight? 对今晚开幕式感到紧张?
Nervous? 紧张?
Me? 我?