新英语900句之生活篇 Lesson37:Flattery奉承
541. You haven’t aged one bit.
你一点也没有变老。
542. That dress looks marvelous on you.
你穿那衣服棒极了。
543. Don’t try to impress me with flattery.
别企图用奉承来给我留下好印象。
544. I’m not fooled by your false compliments.
我不会被你的虚假的称赞所欺骗。
545. You played that piece wonderfully.
你把那首曲子演奏得很好。
546. You sing like an angel.
你唱起歌来像个天使。
547. He’s the best ball player I have ever seen.
他是我见过的最好的球员。
548. You are our most valuable worker.
你是我们最有价值的工人。
549. We are very impressed with your work.
我们对你的工作很满意。
550. You have the best yard in the neighborhood.
你家的院子是这附近最好的。
551. You are just the person I was hoping to run into.
你就是我想遇见的人。
552. Because your smile brightens up my day.
因为你的微笑使我的日子都明媚起来了。
553. Can’t I just enjoy your company?
我可以和你在一起吗?
554. I really like that dress you are wearing.
我真的很喜欢你穿的这件衣服。
555. I just wanted to let you know how well I think you are running the office.
我只是想跟你说,你把办公室管理得很好。
【生词解读】
1. flattery [5flAtEri] n. 谄媚;奉承
2. marvelous [5mB:v[l[s] a. 【口】妙极的;了不起的
3. impress [im5pres] v. 给......极深的印象
4. compliment [5kCmplimEnt] n赞美的话;恭维;敬意
5. brighten [5braitn] vi明亮,变明亮;闪亮,生辉