新英语900句之生活篇 Lesson57:Miserable experiences悲惨的经历
841. I’ve had a fever for the past two days.
我最近这两天发烧了。
842. I can’t wait to get out of these wet clothes.
我等不及要脱下这些湿衣服。
843. This backpack is way too heavy.
这个背包太重了。
844. We’re been walking for hours and I’m exhausted.
我们走了几个小时了,我已精疲力尽了。
845. My first few months at college were miserable.
我刚上大学的头几个月过得很悲惨。
846. I once had to sleep on the floor of a train.
我曾经有一次不得不睡在火车厢的地板上。
847. I hate going to funeralsy.
我讨厌去参加葬礼。
848. Talking to my boss is pure miseryz.
和我老板谈话简直是受罪。
849. He is a miserable little person.
他是一个可怜的身材矮小的人。
850. This rain is miserable weather.
下雨天真是糟糕透了。
851. I was really sorry to hear that you were sick for so long.
听说你病了这么长时间,我真是很难过。
852. It’s been a month and she’s still feeling bad.
已经过了一个月了,她感觉还是很糟。
853. The worst part of the illness is that you are always so tired.
这病最糟糕的地方,就是你总是感到疲倦。
854. My drinking got so bad that I lost my job because I got caught drinking while at work.
我酗酒太严重以至丢了工作,因为我上班的时候喝酒被抓住了。
855. I couldn’t support my family while I was drinking, so I made the decision to sober up{.
当我酗酒的时候,我连家都养不起,所以我决定戒酒。
【生词解读】
1. miserable [5mizErEbl] a. 凄惨的;悲哀的
2. fever [5fi:vE] n. 发烧,发热;热度
3. backpack [5bAkpAk] n. 登山、远足用的背包
4. exhausted [i^5zC:stid] a. 精疲力竭的
5. funeral [5fju:nErEl] n. 丧葬,葬仪;出殡行列
6. misery [5mizEri] n. 痛苦;不幸;悲惨
7. sober up [5sEubEQp] v. 使清醒