DON BRADLEY: Don Bradley. 堂.布拉德利:堂.布拉德利。
EDWARD GREEN: Hi, Don. How' s the meeting? 爱德华.格林:堂,你好。会议开的怎样?
DON BRADLEY: It' s just finished. 堂.布拉德利:刚刚结束。
I' m on my way over. How' s your meeting? 我在过来的路上了。你的会面怎样?
EDWARD GREEN: he' s definitely interested. 爱德华.格林:他很有兴趣。
We' re having a break. 我们在休息。
DON BRADLEY: What' s the situation? 堂.布拉德利:情况怎么样?
EDWARD GREEN: It' s becoming difficult, we' re stuck on the size of the order for Big Boss. 爱德华.格林:变的有点难,我们还在订购“大老板”的量上。
He wants a unit price of 19.5 on an order of 25,000. 他想要19.5,买的量是2.5万件。
DON BRADLEY: That sounds good to me. 堂.布拉德利:我觉得不错。
EDWARD GREEN: I think we can push him further. 爱德华.格林:我认为还可以再逼下他。
DON BRADLEY: Do you think so? 堂.布拉德利:你是这样认为的吗?
EDWARD GREEN: I think so...I hope so. 爱德华.格林:我是这样认为的…… 希望如此。
DON BRADLEY: Be careful. He' s a clever man. 堂.布拉德利:小心点,他可是个聪明人。
I've dealt with Mcneil before. 我以前跟麦克内尔打过交道。
When he starts banging on the table, that' s as far as you can go with him. 如果他开始敲桌子的话,那就是你能做的极限了。
Good luck! 祝你好运!
EDWARD GREEN: Thanks. So let' s clarify the position so far.
爱德华.格林:谢谢。那么我们明确一下我们现在为止的处境。
As far as Big Boss is concerned we have agreed on a unit price of 20 for 30,000, and I can' t go below that price for an order of this size. 仅就“大老板” 我们同意给20的单价,但要购买3万件,对这样的订购量我不可能低于这个数。
Now let' s look at terms of payment. 现在我们看一下付款条款。
DANNY MCNEIL: Ninety days. 丹尼.麦克内尔:90天。
EDWARD GREEN: I' m sorry Mr. Mcneil, but that' s completely unacceptable. 爱德华.格林:对不起 麦克内尔先生,不过这完全不可接受。
Our standard policy on discounts of over thirty percent is payment within thirty days of delivery. 我们对于超过30%的优惠的优惠政策通常是交货后30天之内。
DANNY MCNEIL: This is not a standard situation. 丹尼.麦克内尔:但这不是个通常情况。
I am making a very large order... 我订购的货量很大……
EDWARD GREEN: Can I just come in here, Mr. Mcneil? 爱德华.格林:麦克内尔先,我能插两句吗?
I know you' re making a large order but you are also getting an excellent product at a very large discount. 我知道你的订购量很大,但你也是以很大的优惠获得一件很棒的产品。
DANNY MCNEIL: I can' t believe that this is your final offer. 丹尼.麦克内尔:真不能相信,这就是你们的最终报价。
EDWARD GREEN: If you order 35,000 then I can authorise payment in 90 days. 爱德华.格林:如果你订购3.5万件,我可以授权90天内付款。
DANNY MCNEIL: We have already decided on quantity.
丹尼.麦克内尔:我们已经决定了数量。
This is my last offer. 30,000 at 60 days payment. 这是我的最后出价:3万件,60天内付款。
Take it or leave it. 要么接受要么一拍两散。
EDWARD GREEN: I think that offer will be acceptable. 爱德华.格林:我认为这个出价可以接受。
So all we have to do now is finalise the delivery arrangements. 那么我们现在要做的就是商定交货的安排了。
DANNY McNEIL: Well, let' s discuss the details tomorrow.
丹尼.麦克内尔:我们还是明天再商谈细节吧
DANNY MCNEIL: Come in! Don, how are you? 丹尼.麦克内尔:近来! 堂,你好!
DON BRADLEY: Hello, Danny, Edward. 堂.布拉德利:你好,丹, 爱德华。
I' m sorry I' m late. 对不起,我迟到了。
DANNY MCNEIL: You are late. 丹尼.麦克内尔:你真是迟了。
I' d rather do business with you than this young man. 我宁愿跟你打交道,也不愿跟这个年轻人做生意。
What have you been feeding him? 你都给他吃了什么啊?
DON BRADLEY: Oh, we don' t feed him. 堂.布拉德利:哦,我们不给他们吃的。
We like to keep our staff hungry. 我们喜欢使员工有饥饿感。