Unit 4 Receiving visitors
一、Answer the question :
1.What time will Mr.Sakai arrive?
2.And what does Kate say to Don?
Dialogue(一)
KATE MCKENNA: You know Mr. Sakai is coming at ten o' clock, don' t you, Jenny?
凯特.麦凯纳:詹妮,酒井先生10点钟要来,你知道吗?
JENNY ROSS: Yes, I do. It' s an important meeting, isn' t it?
詹妮.罗斯:是的,我知道。这次会议很重要,是吗?
KATE MCKENNA: And the slides are ready, aren' t they?
凯特.麦凯纳:幻灯片已经准备好了,对吗?
JENNY ROSS: Yes, they are.
詹妮.罗斯:是的,准备好了。
KATE MCKENNA: And you have checked the monitor, haven' t you?
凯特.麦凯纳:你也检查过显示器,对吧?
JENNY ROSS: Yes, Kate, I have.
詹妮.罗斯:是的, 凯特,我已经检查过了。
KATE MCKENNA: Sorry, Jenny, it really is very important.
凯特.麦凯纳:詹妮,不好意思,不过这次会议真是太重要了。
DON BRADLEY: Good morning!
堂.布拉德利:早上好!
JENNY ROSS: Hello, Don.
詹妮.罗斯:你好, 堂。
DON BRADLEY: Is everything ready for the big day?
堂.布拉德利:这可是个大日子,都准备好了吗?
JENNY ROSS: I think so.
詹妮.罗斯:我想是的。
KATE MCKENNA: Don, I' m worried about the last part of the presentation. Can we talk?
凯特.麦凯纳:堂,我对演示的最后一部分有点担心。我们能谈谈吗?
二、生词和短语
1.Thank you very much for collecting me.
2. It's a pleasure.
3.Don't mention it.
4.It's good of you to visit us.
5.Thank you for sparing the time
display unit展览品
rough desigen初步设计
make an impact制造影响
efficient效率高的
to employ雇佣
staff职员
full-time staff全工作日的职员
casual staff临时工
Dialogue(二)
MR. SAKAI: Thank you very much for collecting me.
酒井先生:非常感谢你来接我。
CLIVE HARRIS: It' s a pleasure. Don' t mention it.
克莱夫.哈里斯:乐意效劳。没什么的。
CLIVE HARRIS: Is your hotel okay?
克莱夫.哈里斯:宾馆还好吧?
MR. SAKAI: Yes, thanks. It' s fine.
酒井先生:是的, 谢谢。很好。
CLIVE HARRIS: It is good of you to visit us.
克莱夫.哈里斯:你来探望我们真是太好了。
Thank you for sparing the time. I know you have a busy itinerary.
谢谢你抽出时间来,我知道你的行程很紧。
MR. SAKAI: It' s a pleasure, Mr. Harris.
酒井先生:这是我的荣幸,哈里斯先生。
I enjoy coming to Britain. And I am looking forward to my visit to Bibury Systems.
我很高兴来英国。并且很期望对Bibury系统公司的参观。
CLIVE HARRIS: It' s kind of you to say so.
克莱夫.哈里斯:你这么说真是太感谢你了。
We' ll do our best to make your visit worthwhile.
我们会尽一切努力使你的来访有价值。