201.Wait a minute.
[ ]
稍等。
【疯狂实战】
A: Laura and I went to the same college.
(我和Laura上过同一所大学。)
B: Wait a minute. Did you say Laura?
(等一下,你是说Laura?)
A: I saw this painting when I was in New York.
(我在纽约的时候见过这幅画。)
B: Wait a minute. When were you in America?
(等一下,你什么时候去过美国?)
A: See you later, Dad.
(爸爸,一会儿见。)
B: Wait a minute. Where are you going?
(等一下,你要去哪儿?)
【疯狂替换】
①Wait a second.(等一下。)
②Hold on.(稍候。)
Kim’s Note: These are some of the most useful sentences in English. You will find countless opportunities to use them every day. In America everyone is always in a rush, so it can be extremely useful to know several ways to tell someone to wait.
在英语中,这些都是最有用的句子。每天你都有无数次使用到它们的机会。在美国,每个人都在赶时间,所以,多学几种叫别人等待的说法是非常有用的。
202.Let’s see.
[ ]
让我想想看。
【疯狂实战】
A: Do you have time tomorrow afternoon?
(你明天下午有空吗?)
B: Let’s see. Yes. What about 2:00?
(让我想想看。有。两点钟怎么样?)
A: How many envelopes have we got?
(我们一共有多少个信封?)
B: Let’s see. Twenty-two.
(让我看看。22个。)
A: What time did you hear the noise?
(你是什么时候听到响声的?)
B: Let’s see. Around eleven, I suppose.
(让我想想。我想大约是在11点钟的时候。)
203.Let me think.
[ ]
让我想想。
【疯狂实战】
A: What is the phone number again?
(你刚才说的那个电话号码是多少?)
B: Let me think.
(让我想想。)
A: Do you have any books about American history?
(你有关于美国历史的书籍吗?)
B: Let me think.
(让我想想。)
A: Do you know anyone who is looking for a job?
(你知道有谁在找工作的吗?)
B: Let me think.
(让我想想。)