167. What did you say?
[ ]
你说什么?
【疯狂实战】
A: Do you like Spicy food?
(你喜欢吃辛辣食物吗?)
B: What did you say?
(你说什么?)
A: What does WTO stand for?
(WTO代表什么?)
B: What did you say?
(你说什么?)
A: What did you say?
(你说什么?)
B: I said it’s all your fault,you jerk!
(我说都是你的错,笨蛋!)
【疯狂替换】
①Can you say it again?(你能再说一遍吗?)
②Say it again?(再说一遍好吗?)
③Excuse me?(对不起,没听清楚。)
168. What do you mean?
[ ]
你什么意思?
Kim’s Note: Women always use this sentence to men! Men usually answer with: “Exactly what I said!”
女士们总是用这句子来问男士们!男士们通常回答说“正是我现在所说的意思!”
【疯狂实战】
A: It’s the kiss of death.
(那可是致命之吻。)
B: What do you mean?
(你是什么意思?)
【额外成就感】
Kiss of death=something that destroys
His endorsement will be the kiss of death.
(有他的支持反而坏事。)
A: It was the last straw.
(实在忍无可忍了。)
B: What do you mean?
(你什么意思?)
A: I’m going to sell the house.
(我准备把房子卖掉。)
B: What do you mean? You didn’t even ask me!
(你是什么意思?你甚至问都不问我!)
【疯狂替换】
①What does that mean?(那是什么意思?)
②What’s that?(你什么意思?)
③What’s that supposed to mean?(那是什么意思?)
169.You mean…
[ ]
(你是说……)
【疯狂实战】
A: I’m having second thoughts.
(我要考虑再三。)
B: You mean you’re going to change your mind?
(你是说你要改变主意?)
A: I’ll take a rain check.
(改天吧。)
B: You mean you’re not coming with us?
(你是说你不和我们一起来?)
A: That’s the name of the game.
(那是事物的本质。)
B: You mean you don’t even care?
(你是说你甚至不在乎?)
【额外成就感】
I can’t help it. That’s the name of the game.
(事情本来就是这样,我也没办法。)
170.What’s that?
[ ]
你说什么?
【疯狂实战】
A: My aunt is a doctor.
(我姨妈是个医生。)
B: What’s that?
(你说什么?)
A: It runs in the family.
(他们那家子都这样。)
B: What’s that? A bad temper?
(你说什么?坏脾气吗?)
A: You can pay by credit card.
(你可以用信用卡付钱。)
B: What’s that?
(什么?)
【疯狂替换】
①What is it?(什么?)
②What do you mean?(你是什么意思?)
③What does that mean?(什么意思?)
171.What are you talking about?
[ ]
你在说什么?
【疯狂讲解】
这个口语要素可不能乱用,因为它并不像它表面意那么简单。说这句话往往带有不相信的意味。
【疯狂实战】
A: We have over one hundred new employees.
(我们有一百多位新员工。)
B: What are you talking about?(=It’s not true.)
(你在说什么?)
A: I had a girlfriend in America.
(我以前有一个女朋友在美国。)
B: What are you talking about? (=It’s not true.)
(你在说什么?)
A: If I don’t go, I’m going to be in trouble.
(如果不去,我就有麻烦了。)
B: What are you talking about? (=It’s not true.)
(你在说什么?)
【额外成就感】
What are you saying? (你在说什么?)
172.Are you talking about …?
[ ]
你是在说……吗?
【疯狂实战】
A: I’ve never seen such a smart kid.
(我从未见过这么聪明的孩子。)
B: Are you talking about Mike?
(你是在说Mike吗? )
A: I usually buy it every month.
(我通常每个月都买它。)
B: Are you talking about CAE Magazine?
(你是说《疯狂美语》杂志吗?)
A: We should tell her.
(我们应该告诉她。)
B: Are you talking about me?
(你是说我吗?)
【疯狂替换】
①Is it about…?(是关于……?)
②You mean…?(你是说……?)
173. Do you understand me?
[ ]
你懂我的意思吗?
【疯狂实战】
A: Do you understand me?
(你懂我的意思吗?)
B: Yeah, sure.
(当然懂了。)
A: Do you understand me?
(你懂我的意思吗?)
B: Uh, not really. Say it again?
(哦,不很懂。你再说一遍吧。)
A: Do you understand me?
(你懂我的意思吗?)
B: I think so.
(我想我懂。)
【疯狂替换】
①Do you understand what I mean?(你懂我的意思吗?)
②Do you understand what I’m trying to say?(你懂我的意思吗?)