第五部分 询问式口语要素
159.You all right?
你还好吧?
【疯狂实战】
A: Ouch! I hit my head.
(哎哟!我碰了头!)
B: You all right?
(你没事吧?)
A: I don’t feel well. I want to go home.
(我觉得不舒服,我想回家。)
B: You all right?
(你没事吧?)
A: I’m going to stay up all night.
(我今晚要熬夜。)
B: You all right?
(你能行吗?)
【额外成就感】
①You all right?(你还好吧?)
②You okay?(你好吗?)
③Are you okay?(你好吗?)
④Yeah, I’m fine.(是的,我挺好。)
160.(Are you) feeling okay?
你感觉还好吗?
【疯狂实战】
A: Are you feeling okay?
(你感觉还好吗?)
B: Oh, so-so.
(噢,马马虎虎。)
A: Are you feeling okay?
(你感觉还好吗?)
B: I’m a little dizzy. It will pass.
(我有点儿头晕,会过去的。)
A: I heard you were in the hospital recently, are you feeling OK?
(听说你近来住院了,现在感觉好点儿了吗?)
B: I was having some trouble with my back, but I’m much better now.
(我背部有点毛病,不过现在好多了。)
161. Are you following me?
[ ]
你有没有听清楚;你听懂了吗?
【疯狂实战】
A: You need to work hard to get ahead in this company. Are you following me?
(在这家公司要想出人头地,就得努力工作。你听清楚我的话没有?)
B: Yes, Sir.
(听清楚了,先生。)
A: Make sure you pick me up at seven o’clock sharp. Are you following me?
(你要保证七点整来接我,听到了没有?)
B: Don’t worry. I’m never late.
(不用担心,我从不迟到。)
A: I think that learning another language can change us as individuals – can change our world view, and even our personalities. Are you following me?
(我认为学另外一种语言可以改变一个人——改变我们的世界观,甚至我们的个性,你们听懂了吗?)
B: Not exactly, Professor Lee. I’m not sure that I buy that idea.
(不太懂,李教授,我不太清楚。)
162. Really?
[]
真的吗?
【疯狂实战】
A: I just got a raise!
(我加薪了!)
B: Really? That’s great!
(真的吗?那太好了!)
A: Did you know Kim quit school?
(你知道Kim退学了吗?)
B: Really? How come?
(真有这事?为什么?)
A: I’ll never be late again. I promise.
(我保证再也不迟到了。)
B: Really? I’ve heard that promise before!
(此话当真?我以前听过那个保证!)
【疯狂替换】
①Seriously?(真的吗?)
②Are you sure?(你能肯定吗?)
163. Are you sure?
[ ]
你确定吗?
【疯狂实战】
A: I saw Stone dancing in the street.
(我看见Stone在街上跳舞。)
B: Are you sure?
(你确定吗?)
A: I already paid for that.
(我已经付过钱了。)
B: Are you sure?
(你能肯定?)
A: I locked the door when I left last night.
(我昨晚离开的时候把门锁上了。)
B: Are you sure?
(你确定吗?)
【疯狂替换】
①Are you certain?(你肯定吗?)
②Are you positive?(你确定吗?)
③Are you confident?(你确认吗?)
164. Are you kidding?
[ ]
开玩笑吧?
【疯狂实战】
A: I’m going to swim in the pool.
(我要去游泳池游泳。)
B: Are you kidding? It’s freezing.
(你在开玩笑吧?这么冷的天。)
A: Does Mr. Lee play golf?
(李先生打高尔夫球吗?)
B: Are you kidding? He’s a pro.
(开玩笑!他是个职业球手。)
A: Do you like Chinese food?
(你爱吃中国菜吗?)
B: Are you kidding? I love it!
(这还用问?我当然爱吃!)
【额外成就感】
关于“kidding”的口语要素还有:
①You’re kidding!(你开玩笑吧?)
②You’re kidding me!(你在开我玩笑!)
③You’re kidding, right?(你在开玩笑,对不对?)
④No kidding!(我是认真的!/真的!你不是开玩笑吧!)
165.Are you serious?
[ ]
你是认真的吗?
【疯狂实战】
A: I decided to move to Canada.
(我打算搬到加拿大去住。)
B: Are you serious?
(此话当真?)
A: I don’t want to take over my father’s business.
(我不想继承父业。)
B: Are you serious?
(当真?)
A: I’m thinking of adopting a child.
(我在考虑收养一个孩子。)
B: Are you serious?
(你是认真的吗?)
【疯狂替换】
①Seriously?(当真?)
②Do you mean it?(你是认真的吗?)
166.Excuse me?
[ ]
对不起,你刚才说什么?
【疯狂实战】
A: Don’t jump to conclusions.
(不要妄下结论。)
B: Excuse me?
(你说什么?)
A: Cat got your tongue? (= Why don’t you speak up / say something?)
(你哑巴了?)
B: Excuse me?
(你说什么?)
A: Do you know how stupid you are?
(你知道你有多愚蠢吗?)
B: Excuse me?
(你再说一遍?)
【疯狂替换】
①Sorry?(对不起。)
②Pardon?(请再说一遍。)
③Pardon me?(对不起。)
④I beg your pardon?(对不起,再说一遍好吗?)