136. I have mixed feelings.
我的思绪混乱。
【疯狂实战】
A: How are you feeling now?
(你现在觉得怎么样?)
B: I have mixed feelings.
(我思绪很乱。)
A: Are you happy about getting out of here?
(离开这儿你高兴吗?)
B: I have mixed feelings. I think I’ll miss my life here, but I’m excited about going home.
(我真是百感交集。我想我会怀念这儿的生活,但要回家了,我感到很兴奋。)
A: You must be excited about your new job.
(你一定觉得新工作很刺激吧?)
B: I have mixed feelings. I am a little sad about leaving my old job.
(我有一种说不出的感觉。对于辞去我的前一份工作我有点伤感。)
137. Good question!
问得好!
【疯狂讲解】
这个口语要素不像它表面上那么简单,它实了际上是个反语,意为“I was wondering that myself.”或“Maybe there is no answer to this question.”
【疯狂实战】
A: What do you think happiness is?
(你认为幸福是什么?)
B: Good question! No one can answer that for sure.
(问得好!没有人能很肯定地回答这个问题。)
A: Do you think you can learn to speak English?
(你觉得你能学会英语吗?)
B: Good question!
(问得好!)
A: Do you believe in yourself?
(你相信自己吗?)
B: Good question!
(问得好!)
138. That’s a big problem.
那是个很严重的问题;那可是件麻烦事。
【疯狂实战】
A: Do you know how fast the world’s population is increasing?
(你知道世界人口增长有多快吗?)
B: That’s a big problem.
(那可是个严重的问题。)
A: Do you know how difficult it is to get into a good university?
(你知道进一所好的大学有多困难吗?)
B: That’s a big problem.
(那可是件麻烦事。)
A: There are lots of polluted cities in China.
(中国有许多被污染的城市。)
B: That’s a big problem.
(这可是个严重的问题。)
139. It’s difficult / hard to say.
很难说。
【疯狂实战】
A: Why did you quit college?
(你为什么退学?)
B: It’s difficult / hard to say.
(很难说。)
A: What do you like about Beijing?
(你认为北京怎么样?)
B: It’s difficult / hard to say. There are so many wonderful things about Beijing.
(不太好说。北京有那么多好的东西。)
A: Why did you forgive him?
(你为什么要原谅他?)
B: It’s difficult / hard to say. I guess because I love him.
(很难说得清楚。我想是因为我爱他吧。)
140. It depends.
依情况而定。
Kim’s Note: We live in a complicated world. Not everything is easy to decide and most things are not one hundred percent certain. This is a very important sentence for communication in the twenty-first century!
我们生活在一个复杂的世界里,并非所有的事情都那么容易就能作出决定,大部分的事情都不能百分百的肯定,所以,在二十一世纪的今天,这个句子就显得非常重要了!
【疯狂实战】
A: Do you like to eat Chinese food?
(你喜欢吃中国菜吗?)
B: It depends.
(看情况。)
A: Is it difficult to enter a university in China?
(在中国上大学困难吗?)
B: It depends.
(那得看情况。)
A: Do young people like to live with their family?
(年青人喜欢和家人住在一起吗?)
B: It depends.
(那得看情况。)
141. I’m thinking.
我正在考虑。
【疯狂实战】
A: Which do you think is better?
(你认为哪个好一些?)
B: Hold on. I’m thinking.
(等一下。我正在考虑。)
A: What do you want to be when you grow up?
(你长大了想当什么?)
B: I don’t know yet. I’m thinking.
(还不知道。我正在想。)
A: Have you made up your mind?
(你决定了吗?)
B: No. I’m still thinking.
(没有。我还在考虑之中。)