第七节 解释与说明
59.No, it’s not that.
不,不是那样。
【疯狂实战】
A: Is that why you took off?
(那就是你离开的原因吗?)
B: No, it’s not that.
(不,不是这样的。)
A: Are you still mad at him?
(你还在生他的气吗?)
B: No, it’s not that. I just don’t have any interest.
(不,不是这样。我只是一点兴趣都没有。)
A: Don’t you trust me?
(难道你不相信我?)
B: No, it’s not that. I just don’t like to lend my books to other people.
(不,不是那个意思。我只是不喜欢把我的书借给别人。)
60.That’s not true.
那不是真的。
【疯狂实战】
A: Money is everything.
(金钱万能。)
B: That’s not true.
(不对。)
A: No one believes me.
(没有人相信我。)
B: That’s not true. I believe you.
(你说错了。我相信你。)
A: I know you hate me.
(我知道你对我怀恨在心。)
B: That’s not true. I’m just mad at what you did.
(这不是真的。我只是对你所做的事感到生气。)
【疯狂替换】
That’s not the case.(那不是事实。)
61.I didn’t mean that.
我不是那个意思。
【疯狂实战】
A: So, you think it’s my fault.
(你认为是那我的错,对吗?)
B: I didn’t mean that.
(我不是那个意思。)
A: You’re right. I should give it up.
(你是对的。我应该放弃。)
B: I didn’t mean that. I just think you should try harder.
(我不是那个意思。我只是觉得你应该更努力点。)
A: You don’t want to help me, right?
(你不想帮我,是吧?)
B: I didn’t mean that.
(我不是那个意思。)