职场社交英语 Lesson 55:你这是在闹小孩子脾气
SCENE② C 吉娜与艾文继续在走道上说话
【你这是在闹小孩子脾气】
Zina: You're being 1) childish. Your nose will heal. And so will your 2) pride, if you let it.
吉娜: 你这是在闹小孩子脾气。你鼻子的伤会好。你受损的自尊也是,就看你自己要不要。
Elvin: I'll have us ready for Stars.com by the end of next week. After that, I don't know.
艾文: 我们下星期之前,就会把给Stars.com的东西准备好。之后的事,我就不知道了。
Zina: Don't know what?
吉娜: 不知道什么?
Elvin: 3) Let's just say there could be some big changes around here.
艾文: 我们姑且就说这里会有大变动吧。
Zina: Is that right? Like what kind of changes?
吉娜: 是这样吗?哪一种变动?
Elvin: 4) You'll see. Oh, yeah, you'll see.
艾文: 你到时就会知道。没错,你到时就知道。
Zina: Come on, grow up. Have you seen Vince around?
吉娜: 你长大一点行吧。你看到文斯在附近吗?
语言详解:
A: Rob hasn't been the same since his girlfriend dumped him.
罗伯被女朋友甩了之后,就变了个人。
B: I think she really hurt his pride.
我想她真的伤了他的自尊心。
【Grow up! 你成熟点!】
grow up 大家都知道,是指生理及心理上的成熟。
A: Uncle Ted, I haven't seen you for so long.
泰德叔叔,我好久没看到你了。
B: Karen, you're grown up to be a beautiful young woman.
凯伦,你已经出落成年轻美姑娘了。
另外,当你看到有人明明已经七老八十了,却还是幼稚异常,耍孩子脾气,你巴不得他们成熟一点,这时候用 grow up ,就是希望他们在心态个性上能够“成熟,长大”一点。
A: Angie is a dork. Angie is a dork.
安姬真蠢。安姬真蠢。
B: Why don't you just grow up?
你成熟一点好不好?
1) childish (a.) 幼稚的,孩子气的
2) pride (n.) 自尊
3) Let's just say... 我们姑且说……
4) You'll see 你等着看。你到时就会知道。