职场社交英语 Lesson 13:另一张绿色便条纸
SCENE① A 加州的资讯王办公室
【另一张绿色便条纸】
Zina: Dave! Look at this!
吉娜: 戴夫!你看这个!
Dave: You don't have to yell, Zina. I'm just one 1) cubicle away.
戴夫: 你不必用喊的,吉娜。我才离你一个隔间而已。
Zina: Somebody left another green post-it note.
吉娜: 有人留了另一张绿色便条纸。
Dave: Was it your "humba boy" again?
戴夫: 又是你那个“伦巴男孩”啊?
Zina: It says, "You look so 2) frail, / but I know you're tough like a nail. / To me, you are more beautiful than free e-mail."
吉娜: 上面写着:“你看来娇柔,但我知道你如钢铁般强韧。对我来说,你比免费的伊妹儿还要讨人喜欢。”
Dave: Wow. He really likes you, doesn't he?
戴夫: 哇,他还真喜欢你,不是吗
语言详解
A: Brian went off in class and yelled at the teacher.
布莱恩在课堂上情绪失控还对老师大喊。
B: That guy is totally out of control.
那家伙真是 完全失去控制了。
【doesn't he? 不是吗?】
这是所谓附加疑问句,是添加在句末的问句,是为了确定自己讯息正确或为了得到对方的赞同。肯定附加疑问句希望得到否定回答,否定附加疑问句希望获得肯定回答。
A: This is the book that you want,isn't it?
这是你要的那本书,不是吗?
B: Yes, it is.
正是。
A: You don't like coffee, do you?
你不喜欢咖啡,是吗?
B: No, I don't.
对,我不喜欢。
1)cubicle (n.) (办公室) 隔间
2) frail (a.) 柔弱的