11.亏你说得出来 I like that!
你是说男人应该娶几个老婆?亏你说得出来!
Did you say that a man should have several wives? I like that!
12.闭上嘴 button one’s lip/zip ones lips
闭上嘴!难道你看不出来人家不爱听么?
Zip your lips. Can’t you see they’re annoyed?
13.真的阿 you don’t say
我已经和丽玲结婚了。 Li ling and I are married.
真的阿!你真幸运 。 You don’t say! You are lucky.
14.再合适不过了 suit somebody to a T
这个颜色对你再合适不过了。
This color suits you to a T.
15.让人看不下去an eye-sore
看那两个年轻人在那里又搂又吻的真让人看不下去。
The two young guys’ caressing and spooning there are plain an eye-sore.
16.不能用了 be done for
这件大衣不能穿了。买件新的吧。
Buy yourself a new coat. This one is already done for.
17. 不理不睬not even give a tumble
小李三番五次的说他喜欢小刘,可是小刘对他不理不睬
Xiao Li says that he likes Xiao Liu but she doesn’t even give him tumble.
18.拒绝某人的求婚give somebody the mitten
她说她的求婚被拒绝了。
She said that she had been given the mitten.
19.为……说句好话put in a good word for
你可以去找老王,让他在老板面前为你说句好话。
You may go to Lao Wang and ask him to put in a good word for you in front of the boss.
20.怎么也不…… can’t for the life of one.
我怎么也想不起他的电话号码了
I can’t for the life of me remember his telephone number.