Sore spectacle There's a bug in your arm
你的胳膊里有只虫!
When Gary developed a strange sore on his arm he wasn't worried.
加里的胳膊长了个奇怪 的疮,他没把它当回事
When he went in to spasms at his parent's house, however,
可在父母家的时候他的 胳膊开始痉挛起来,
They rushed him to the hospital.
他们赶快把他送到了 医院.专家被请来了,
Specialists were called in
专家被请来了,
And they removed a large species of bug from under Gary's skin
他们在加里胳膊的 皮肤下弄掉了一种 很大的臭虫,
That had been slowly eating deeper into his body.
它一直在慢慢侵入 加利的体内.
It was quite a spectacle.
那场面真是吓人.
The surgery took even longer
手术花费了更长的时间
Because the specialists had to remove the eggs that the bug had spawned.
由于医生必须清除臭虫 孵出的卵,
You will have to take it easy.
你必须放松点儿,
Said the doctor who had a specialization in carnivorous insects.
专门研究食肉昆虫的医 生说,
You may still have spasmodic episodes,
你可能还会有发生 痉挛的时候,
Periodic spatial disorientation and even vomiting.
有周期性空间迷惑, 甚至呕吐.
Just follow the specifications I will give you,
按照我给你的具体 要求去做,
Avoid further trips to Africa and spare yourself from intense physical activity.
不要继续走进非洲, 也不要进行剧烈的 体育运动.
But don't worry, we took the specimen and its eggs out completely.
但别担心,我们把那家 伙和它的卵都取出来了
Actually, you are even welcome to keep it as a souvenir,
事实上,你甚至可以 把它作为纪念品 保存起来.
Gary looked at the huge bug that was the span of his hand
加里看着那只大虫, 它有他的一柞长,
And stored in a spacious jar.
然后把它放在了一个 很大的罐子里.
Is it still alive? He asked.
它还活着吗? 他问.
Nope.Not a spark of life!But this was a big one.
不活了,一点儿生命 都没有了!但这个虫很 大.
They usually eat quite sparsely.
它们一般情况下 吃得都少.
Said the specialist with a sparkle in his eye.
专家说道, 眼里闪着火花.
He feasted on you!
它靠吃你过日子!
I think that information was a little too specific.
我觉得那个信息有 些太具体了,
You're going to give me nightmares!
你会使我做恶梦的!
I feel sort of violated, like my sovereign rights have been imposed on.
我有点儿被侵犯的感觉 就像我的至高权利 受到了侵犯.
I don't want to know that he was having a good time doing it! Gary replied.
我不想知道这只虫曾经 很开心地侵蚀过我的 身体! 加里回答道.
Sorry about that.
对不起,
I see this stuff a lot in my spacialty
搞我这个专业,看这个 东西看得太多了,
And some things excite me that don't excite others.
有些别人不觉得好玩的 事情在我看来 却很有意思.