Good morning.How can I help you?
早上好,我能为你做什么?
Hello.I'm interested in renting a house somewhere in the town.
你好。我想在小镇里租一个房子。
Right.Could I have your name please? Yes,it's Steven Godfrey.
好的,可以告诉我你的名字吗?好的,我叫史蒂文·戈弗雷。
And tell me how many bedrooms you're looking for.
告诉我,你想要几个房间。
Well,we'd need four,because I'm going to share the house with three friends.
我需要四个房间,因为我要和我的三个朋友一起住。
Okay,there are several of that size on our books.
好的,我们的名册上有几套这样的房子。
They mostly belong to families who are working abroad at the moment.What about the location?
它们多数属于此刻在海外工作的家庭。那么地点呢?
It'd be nice to be central.
最好是小镇中心。
That might be difficult,as most houses of that size are in the suburbs.
这有点难,多数这种面积的房子都在郊区。
Still,there are a few.What's your upper limit for the rent?
但是仍然有几个,你的租房上限是多少?
We'd like something around £500 a month,but we could go up to £600 if we have to.
我们希望一个月在500英镑左右,但是如果有必要的话,我们最多可以出到600英镑。
But we can't go beyond that.
但是再多就不行了。
Do you know how long you want to rent the house for?
你知道要租多久吗?
The minimum let is six months,as you probably realise.
你可能已经知道了,最小期限是6个月。
We're at college here for two years,and we don't want to have to move during that time if we can avoid it.
我们在这里上两年大学,如果可以的话,我们在这期间不想搬家。
Right.And how soon do you want to move in?
好的,你们想多快入住?
All our lets start on the first of the month.
我们所有的租赁从月初开始。
Well,as soon as possible,really,so that means September 1st.
尽快,所以是9月1日。
Okay,let me have a look at what we've got...
好的,让我们看看这些房子……
We have photographs of all the houses on our books,so you can get an idea of what they're like.
我们的名册上有所有这些房子的照片,所以你可以了解一下它们的样子。
There's this one in Oakington Avenue,at £550 a month.
这座在奥金顿大街,每月550英镑,
Combined living room and dining room,with a separate kitchen.
其中包括客厅、餐厅和独立厨房。
It doesn't have a garage,though you can park in the road.
这里没有车库,但是你可以停在路边。