I'm Tiffany. I have some tips for you on how to quit smoking, like I did.
我是蒂芬尼。我想告诉你一些戒烟的小技巧,我就是这么戒掉的。
First, I did some reading about it.
首先,我读了一些这方面的书籍。
I found a lot of great advice on how to quit smoking and picked out the ways I thought would work best for me.
我找到了很多关于戒烟的极佳建议,然后挑出了我认为对我来说最有效的一些方法。
I started by setting a quit date.
我设置了一个戒烟期限。
Then I threw out my ashtrays, lighters, and matches.
然后扔掉了我的烟灰缸、打火机和火柴。
I did other things, too, like exercising more. And it worked.
我还做了其他事情,比如多运动。这是有效果的。
But I'd still get cravings. Especially on long car rides.
但我还是有吸烟的欲望。尤其是在开车很久的时候。
To help me with that, I put a picture of my mother in my car.
为了解决这个问题,我在车上放了一张我妈妈的照片。
She died of lung cancer from smoking cigarettes when I was only 16.
在我仅仅16岁的时候,她就因为吸烟而死于肺癌。
Now, I have a 16-year-old daughter.
现在,我有一个16岁的女儿。
That picture of my mother reminds me that I don't want to miss all the things my daughter is going to do in her life, including turning 17.
我妈妈的照片提醒着我不要错过女儿未来生活中的一切,包括她的17岁生日。
译文属可可英语原创,未经允许,不得转载。