When middle schooler Josh Monserrat saw the scale hit 200 pounds, he decided his life needed to go in a new direction.
中学生乔什·梦塞拉特看到自己的体重达到200磅时,他决定要改变自己的生活。
It all started when I first found out, you know, I was overweight.
这一切都始于我发现自己超重时。
And that could lead to diabetes and high blood sugars.
我可能会得糖尿病和高血压。
I wanted to, you know, stay healthy. So I joined the Snackin Fresh program at school.
我想要保持健康。所以我加入了学校的新鲜小吃项目。
As part of the Snackin Fresh program, Josh plants community gardens, learns about diet and exercise, and spreads the word to fellow students.
作为新鲜小吃项目的一员,乔什栽种花园、学习饮食和锻炼,并且向同龄学生推广该想法。
We just have fun with it. I want my friends to be eating healthy, too, and not eating all junk food.
我们很享受。我想让我的朋友们也吃的健康,不再吃那些垃圾食品。
I want them to be healthy, you know, the same way I'm gonna be.
我想让他们都很健康,就像我正在努力的方向一样。
Josh is making a difference in his school and in his own life.
乔什的做法对他的学校和自己的生活都产生了影响。
I've gotten a lot more stronger, run faster. You know, I can do a bunch more things.
我变强壮了很多,跑得更快。我能做的事情也更多了。
Throw farther. Lift things up I couldn't really lift before.
扔东西扔的更远。能举起我以前举不起来的东西。