Who will join us for dinner tonight?
今晚谁会和我们一起吃饭?
Bob and Candy. I also invited Mary, but she is out of town.
鲍勃和凯蒂。我也邀请了玛丽,但是她不在城里。
What a pity! I was hoping she would come.
真遗憾!真希望她能来。
If I were you, I’d just walk to work. It would take you about 20 minutes. Riding a bike is a good choice, too.
如果我是你,我会步行去上班。大约需要20分钟。骑自行车也是一个不错的选择。
I agree. But this week my husband is away on business, so I have to drive my kids to school before I go to work. I’m pressed for time, you know.
我同意。但是这周我丈夫出差了,所以我必须在上班前开车送孩子上学。你知道的,我的时间紧迫。
It’s 8:30, Dave, and you’re going to be late for the meeting.
已经八点半了,戴夫,你开会要迟到了。
Oh, my! I just have half an hour left. I can’t believe I slept for 10 hours!
哦,我的天!我只剩下半小时了。不敢相信我居然睡了10个小时!
Hi, Helen. Where are you off to?
嗨,海伦。你要去哪里?
To the library. I’ve got a history paper due next week, and need to do some reading.
去图书馆。我下周要交一篇历史论文,需要阅读一些材料。
Thank goodness! You are still here.
谢天谢地!你还在这里。
What’s up?
有什么事吗?
I need your signature for this document. It’s urgent.
您需要在这份文件上签名。这份文件十分紧急。