Well, the one I like best crosses the whole of Australia from northwest to southeast. It's about 4,500 km long!
嗯,我最喜欢的一个是从西北到东南穿越整个澳大利亚。全长大概4500千米!
Wow! How long does that take?
哇!那次用了多长时间?
These days the fastest cars can do it in six days.
现在最快的汽车6天就能跑完。
And what have you been doing recently?
那你最近在干什么?
I've been building a new car with a team from Queensland University.
我正在和昆士兰州大学的一个队造一辆新车。
We've done a lot of work on it, but we haven't finished yet.
我们在它上面花了很多心思,不过我们还没完成。
And you've been writing a book about solar cars.
你写了一本有关太阳能汽车的书。
Well, so far I've only written the first few chapters! I want people to have a good impression of solar cars.
哦,目前我刚写完前几章!我想让人们对太阳能汽车有个好印象。
But a lot of people think that solar cars are too slow or not very reliable.
但是许多人认为太阳能汽车太慢,不经久耐用。
How can you persuade them of the advantages of solar cars?
你怎样才能说服他们相信太阳能汽车的长处?
Solar cars are getting better all the time. They have reached speeds of nearly 80 k.p.h.
太阳能汽车一直在改进。它们已经达到接近每小时80千米的速度了。
In tests, one car we built has averaged over 40 k.p.h., even in cloudy weather.
根据测试,一辆我们造的汽车,即使在阴天,平均速度也已经超过每小时40千米。
You've been working hard - good luck in the race!
你一直在努力-祝你在比赛中好运!
Thanks a lot.
多谢。