My wife Dana and I were in the hospital. The doctor said I was not going to pull through.
我和妻子达纳在医院。医生说我不会恢复健康了。
Dana said: 'But you're still you, and I love you.'
达纳说:“但是你还是你,而且我爱你。”
And that saved my life. Since that moment I have never thought of giving up.
那拯救了我的生命。从那一刻开始我从没想过放弃。
Of course, I've had moments of feeling sorry for myself,
当然,我也有为自己感到遗憾的时候,
but I've never had any thoughts of committing suicide."
但从没想过自杀。”
Did you think that your marriage was so strong?
你有没有想过自己的婚姻如此坚固?
"Yes, because Dana's so wonderful. We have always got on really well.
“有,达纳太棒了。我们一直相处得很好。
Our relationship has always been fantastic."
我们的关系总是很美好。”
How did your parents react to the accident?
你家人对这启事故有什么反应?
"They divorced when I was four. They've got closer since the accident."
“他们在我4岁时离婚了。他们因为这次事故而变得更亲近了。”
How did you get involved with charity work?
你怎么参与到慈善工作的?
"I know a lot of disabled people need my help.
“我知道有很多残疾人需要帮助。
This is how I got involved with my charity work to improve the quality of life for all disabled people."
所以我参与到慈善事业中来,帮助所有残疾人提高生活质量。”
"With the progress of new medical research,
“通过新医疗研究的进步,
I'm confident that people like me would be able to walk again one day.
我有信心,像我一样的人有一天能再次行走。
So you can see, I'm far too busy with living to think of giving up!"
“所以你看,我太忙太忙了,不会想到放弃!”
Christopher Reeve died on October 10, 2004.
克里斯托佛·李维斯于2004年10月10日去世。
But people all over the world will always remember him as a superhero.
但是全世界的人们都会把他当作超级英雄永远铭记。