Lesson 4 First Impressions
第四课 第一印象
The day that I met my best friend for the first time, I was full of anxiety.
我第一次遇见我最好的朋友那天,我十分焦虑。
I was trying to do some revision for an important oral exam in the local library and people kept disturbing me.
我正努力在本地图书馆里为一次重要的口语考试做复习,可是有人却一直打扰我。
I was getting more and more annoyed and of course, the more upset I got, the less I was able to concentrate.
我越来越烦躁。当然了,越烦就越难集中精力。
The last straw was when I heard someone singing behind me.
最让我忍无可忍的是我听到有人在我后面唱歌。
The singing was so loud that I could even recognise the song!
歌声如此之大,我甚至能听出那首歌!
I turned around and glared at the person who was singing.
我转身怒视着那个唱歌的人。
It was a tall girl about the same age as me and she had a big smile on her face.
那是一个和我年龄相仿的高个女孩,她的脸上满是笑容。
She was standing with a book in her hands near the "English Literature" section.
她手里拿着一本书,站在“英国文学”区附近。
She looked like a literary type and seemed very interested in what she was reading.
她看起来像是个文学爱好者,而且似乎对她看的书很感兴趣。
I glanced at the book's cover. It was a book of Tennyson's poems.
我瞥了一眼书的封面。那是一本丁尼生的诗集。
The fact that she looked like a sensitive, friendly girl didn't matter.
她看起来是个善解人意、友善的女孩,但这无济于事。
If anything, it made me even angrier.
它甚至平添了我几分怒气。
"How could she be so selfish?" I thought angrily.
“她怎么能这么自私呢?”我生气地想。
In fact, I'm surprised there wasn't steam coming out of my ears!
事实上,我惊讶的是没有怒气从我耳朵里跑出来!
I picked up my books, glared at her and whispered angrily,
我拿起我的书,怒视着她生气地说,
"Thanks to your noise, I've been unable to study. You're so selfish!"
“谢谢你的噪音,我没法学习了。你太自私了!”
I still hate thinking of that moment.
想到那一刻我仍然会憎恨。
Let me tell you the rest of the story though.
不过让我来告诉你余下的故事。