I was so excited.
我真是太激动了。
Guess what? It was my dad's 40th birthday last month.
你猜怎么着?上个月我爸爸四十岁生日。
And so he took us all to London for a weekend.
他带我们全家去了伦敦过周末。
Coolly, we flew over on Thursday evening.
很棒的是,我们周四傍晚就飞到了伦敦。
As soon as we arrived, we went on a tour of the city.
我们一到,就开始了伦敦之旅。
They say London is really beautiful by night,
人们都说夜幕下的伦敦很美,
and I was really looking forward to seeing all those famous places.
而且我也满心期待着看遍所有的名胜古迹。
On Friday, we went to the Design Museum.
周五,我们去了设计博物馆。
It's not far from our hotel, so we went there on foot.
博物馆离酒店不远,所以我们步行前往。
In the afternoon, we visited the London Eye.
下午,我们登上伦敦眼摩天轮。
I was amazed at seeing the Big Ben from up there.
从那儿了望大本钟,我被深深地震撼了。
Saturday was for shopping. There's no doubt about that.
周六是用来购物的。 这点毋庸置疑。
We went to the most famous shops in London.
我们去了伦敦最有名的商店。
Dad didn't feel like shopping, but he enjoyed it when we were there.
爸爸不想购物,但只要我们在,他就很开心。
On Sunday morning, we took a taxi to Hyde Park.
周日上午,我们打的去了海德公园。
And we went home by train in the afternoon.
然后下午坐火车回到了家中。
It was my dream trip, and it did happen.
这是我的梦想之旅,但它的确就这样成为了现实。