Using Language
语言应用
Reading and discussing
阅读和讨论
Journey Down the Mekong
沿湄公河而下的旅行
PART 2 A Night in the Mountains
第二部分 山中一宿
Although it was autumn, the snow was already beginning to fall in Tibet.
虽然是秋天,但是西藏已经开始下雪了。
Our legs were so heavy and cold that they felt like blocks of ice.
我们的腿又沉又冷,感觉就像大冰块。
Have you ever seen snowmen ride bicycles?
你看到过雪人骑自行车吗?
That's what we looked like!
我们看上去就像那样。
Along the way, children dressed in long wool coats stopped to look at us.
一路上,一些身着羊毛大衣的孩子们停下来看着我们。
In the late afternoon we found it was so cold that our water bottles froze.
下午晚些时候,我们发现由于天冷,我们的水壶都冻上了。
However, the lakes shone like glass in the setting sun and looked wonderful.
然而,湖水在落日的余晖下闪亮如镜,景色迷人。
Wang Wei rode in front of me as usual.
像往常一样,王薇在我的前面,
She is very reliable and I knew I didn't need to encourage her.
她很可靠,我知道我用不着给她鼓劲儿。
To climb the mountains was hard work, but as we looked around us, we were surprised by the view.
上山很艰难,但是当我们环顾四周,(眼前的)景色让我们感到惊奇,
We seemed to be able to see for miles.
我们似乎能看到几百里以外的地方。
At one point we were so high that we found ourselves cycling through clouds.
在某个时刻,我们发现自己置身高处,彷佛骑车穿越云层。
Then we began going down the hills.
然后我们开始下山。
It was great fun especially as it gradually became much warmer.
这非常有趣,特别是天气逐渐变得暖和多了。
In the valleys, colorful butterflies flew around us and we saw many yaks and sheep eating green grass.
在山谷里,五彩斑斓的蝴蝶翩翩飞舞在我们身旁,我们还看到牦牛和羊群在吃草。
At this point we had to change our caps, coats, gloves and trousers for T-shirts and shorts.
这时,我们不得不把帽子、外衣、手套和长裤脱掉,换成T恤衫和短裤。
In the early evening we always stop to make camp.
一到傍晚,我们通常就停下来宿营。
We put up our tent and then we eat.
我们先把帐篷支起来,然后吃饭。
After supper Wang Wei put her head down on her pillow and went to sleep but I stayed awake.
晚饭后,王薇把头放在枕头上就睡觉了,而我却醒着。
At midnight the sky became clearer and the stars grew brighter.
半夜里,天空变得清朗了,星星更亮了。
It was so quiet.
(夜晚)非常安静。
There was almost no wind- only the flames of our fire for company.
几乎没有风,只有篝火的火焰和我们做伴。
As I lay beneath the stars, I thought about how far we had already travelled.
当我躺在星空下,我想着我们已经走了多远。
We will reach Dali in Yunnan Province soon, where our cousins Dao Wei and Yu Hang will join us.
我们很快就要到达云南的大理。在那里,我们的表兄弟大伟和宇航将加入我们的行列。
We can hardly wait to see them!
我们迫不及待地想要见到他们!