I was sitting on the beach on a hot summer's day,
一个炎热的夏日,我坐在沙滩上,
watching two children,
看着两个孩子,
a boy and a girl, playing with the sand.
一个男孩和一个女孩,在玩沙子。
They were working hard at building a sandcastle.
他们正在努力地建造一座沙堡。
When they finished, a big wave came along and knocked it down.
当他们完成的时候,一个大浪过来把沙堡打倒了。
I thought the children would cry after all their hard work had turned to nothing.
我以为孩子们会哭的,因为他们所有的努力都白费了。
But they surprised me.
但他们让我大吃一惊。
Hand in hand, they got up and ran away from the water's edge, then sat down to build another one.
他们手拉手站起来,从水边跑开,然后坐下来再建一个。
They really taught me a lesson.
他们真的给我上了一课。
If things go wrong, we shouldn't sit around and feel sorry for ourselves.
如果出了问题,我们不应该坐在那里自怨自艾。
With the help from our friends, we can always start again.
在朋友的帮助下,我们总是可以重新开始。