When I come across a good essay in reading a newspaper,
读报时,看到一篇好文章,
I would like to cut it out and keep it.
总想把它剪下来收藏。
But sometimes just as I am about to do so,
但有时就在我拿起剪刀准备剪的时候,
I find the article on the opposite side just as interesting.
才发现反面的文章也很有趣,
It may be a discussion of the way to keep health,
它要么是讨论如何保持健康,
or advice about how to behave oneself in society.
要么是建议你怎样为人处世。
If I cut the front essay out,
假如你剪了这面的文章,
the opposite one is sure to be damaged,
那面的文章势必会被损坏,
leaving out half of it or keeping the text without its subject.
只留下一半或缺少文章题目。
As a result, the scissors would stop before they start
因此,举起的剪刀往往停留在半空舍不得再剪,
when I find out the possible result that will surely cause my regret.
此时我预计到了一定会使我后悔、遗憾的后果。