说真的,就是这为我所夸耀的爱吧,
Indeed this very love which is my boast,
当它从胸房涌上眉梢,给我加上
And which, when rising up from * to brow,
一顶皇冠--那一颗巨大的红宝石,
Doth crown me with a ruby large enow
光彩夺目,让人知道它价值连城。。。。。。
To draw men's eyes and prove the inner cost, ...
就算我这全部的、最高成就的爱吧,
This love even, all my worth, to the uttermost,
我也不懂得怎样去爱,要不是你
I should not love withal, unless that thou
先立下示范,教给我该怎么办--
Hadst set me an example, shown me how,
当你恳切的目光第一次对上了
When first time thine earnest eyes with mine were crossed
我的目光,而爱呼应了爱。很明白,
And love called love. And thus, I cannot speak
即使爱,我也不能夸说是我的美德。
Of love even, as a good thing of my own.
是你,把我从一片昏迷的软乏中
Thy soul hath snatched up mine all faint and weak
抱起,高置上黄金的宝座,靠近在
And placed by thee on a golden throne, --
你的身旁。而我懂得了爱,只因为
And that I love (O soul, we must meek!)
紧挨着你--我唯一爱慕的人
Is by thee only, whom I love alone.
v. 吹牛,自夸,说大话
n. 自吹自擂,自夸