==================语法常识重温==================
1.现在完成时的模式就是have+过去分词。模式并不重要,重要的是使用。
2.may have,是一种猜测,“可能已经”发生了什么什么事情。它的否定式是may not have,意思是“不见得会...”,may have也可以用 might have代用。用到may(might) have,主要是对过去时域内发生的事的猜测,不是十分肯定的叙述。
例:
He may(might) have telephoned last night,but I'm not sure. (=Perhaps he telephoned last night.)
他昨晚可能已打过电话了,不过我说不准。
He might not have telephoned last night.
他昨晚不见得会打过电话。
3.什么叫"We've sold out"? 这是口语表达,比较简化。全句是:We have sold out all the tickets.
4.It may have begun already.
(=Perhaps it has begun already.)
也许已经开始过了。
5.The play may begin at any time.
(=Perhaps the play will begin at any time.)
也许戏会随时开始演出。
-------------------------------VOCABULARY------------------------------
at any moment 随时
what a pity 真遗憾
just then 正在那时
We've sold out. 这是惯用语,“把...全部售完”。
might as well 还是...算了
at once 马上
=================Sold Out 满座==================
"The play may begin at any moment,"I said."It may have begun already,"Susan answered.
{“戏也许会随时演出,”我说。“也许早已开演了,”苏姗答道。}
I hurried to the ticket-office."May I have two tickets please? "I asked."I'm sorry,we've sold all,"the girl said."What a pity! "Susan exclaimed.
{我匆忙走到票房。“我可以买两张票吗?”我问道。“对不起,票都卖完了,”姑娘说道。“真遗憾!苏姗大声说。}
Just then,a man hurried to the ticket-office."Can I return these two tickets? "he asked."Certainly," the girl said.
{正在这时,一个男人匆忙走到票房。“我可以退掉这两张票吗?”他问道。“当然可以,”姑娘说。}
I went back to the ticket-office at once."Could I have these two tickets please?"I asked."Certainly, "the girl said,"but they are for next Wednesday's performance.Do you still want them?" "I might as well have them,"I said sadly.
{我立刻返回到票房。“请问,我可以买那两张票吗?”我问道。“当然可以,”姑娘说道,“不过这两张票是下星期三的戏票。你还要吗?”“我还是买了吧。”我怏怏不快地说。}