What's the matter, Peter? You look tired.
彼得,怎么了?你看上去很疲惫。
I am, Mei. Life's tough for teenagers sometimes, isn't it?
是的,梅。有时青少年的生活也很艰难,不是么?
Well, yes, it's not as easy as before.
好吧,是的。不像以前那么容易了。
It's important to my parents that I do well at school. But it's so hard for me. I need to get a good report card so badly.
对父母而言,我们在学校取得好成绩很重要。但是这对我而言是如此的艰难。我迫切需要优秀的成绩单。
Well, I've learnt that if you have a problem, it's important to talk it over with someone. What do you think, Ling?
好吧,我认识到如果你遇上了麻烦,和别人谈谈很重要。你怎么认为呢,玲?
Well, I think Peter needs to get enough sleep. For me that's harder to do now in Grade 9.
我认为彼得需要睡个好觉。对我来说,九年级要睡个好觉更难。
You're right. But I think it's more important for teenagers to work hard than to sleep more.
没错。但是我认为青少年刻苦学习比睡眠更重要。
Do you? But what about friends?
是么?那么朋友呢?
Of course, friends are important to every teenager, but we need to balance our time between work and leisure. And another thing…
当然,朋友对每个青少年都很重要,但是我们需要平衡工作和休闲。还有一件事...
Hey, Mark, you sound like my father!
嘿,马克,你听来像我爸爸一样!
I do? Well, maybe that's because I have a close relationship with my parents. In fact, I think spending time with my parents is the most important thing.
是吗?好吧,或许那是因为我和父母关系很亲密。事实上,我认为和父母在一起才是最重要的事。