Hi, Maria. How was Paul's party?
你好,玛利亚。保罗的聚会怎么样?
Oh, Daisy, it was terrible.
噢,黛西,很糟糕。
It was?
是吗?
Uh-huh.
嗯。
What happened?
发生什么事了?
Well, I was supposed to arrive at 7:00, but I arrived at 8:00.
哦,我本应该7点到的,但我8点才到。
Oh, so you were late.
噢,所以你是迟到了。
Yeah, but in my country, it's different. When you're invited for 7:00, you're expected to come later! It's considered strange to turn up on time.
是的,但在我的国家是不同的。当你被邀请7点到的时候,你应该再晚点到!准时到会被认为很奇怪。
I see.
我明白了。
Then when I met Paul's mom, I kissed her.
然后当我遇见保罗的妈妈时,我吻了她。
Oh…you were supposed to shake hands instead.
噢...你应该和她握手的。
That's right. And I wore a fancy dress.
没错。然而我还穿了化装舞会服。
What's wrong with that?
那怎么了?
Well, it turned out that it was an outdoor party, Daisy. Everyone else was in a T-shirt and jeans.
噢,这是一场户外聚会,黛西。其他人都穿着T恤和牛仔裤。
I guess next time you should ask what you're supposed to wear.
我觉得下次你应该问问你该穿什么。