If you go to a formal westem dinner party for the first time, you'd better know about westem table manners.
如果你是第一次参加正式的西方晚宴,你最好要知道西方的餐桌礼仪。
It's polite to follow them.
入乡随俗才比较礼貌。
When you sit down at the table, take your napkin and put it on your lap.
你在餐桌上坐下的时候,拿起餐巾放在膝盖上。
When you start dining, you should keep the fork in your right hand.
吃饭的时候,要一直用右手拿叉。
If you use your knife, then put the fork in your left hand.
如果你需要用刀,那就把叉拿在左手上。
The dinner always starts with a small dish.
晚饭通常以一道小菜开始。
It's polite to eat up the food on your plate, so don't take more food than you need.
把盘子里的食物吃完是礼貌的体现,所以不要取太多饭菜。
Maybe you don't know whether it's polite or not to speak loudly at the table.
或许你不知道在餐桌上大声说话是否礼貌。
The answer is that you should speak quietly and smile a lot.
答案是你应该小声说话并且经常微笑。
When you drink to someone, you'd better raise your cup or glass and take only a little.
祝酒的时候,你最好举起酒杯或玻璃杯,只喝一小点。
Remember not to drink too much.
记住不要喝太多。
If you can't remember these rules, just do as other people do.
如果你记不住规则,就像别人那样做。