Lesson 34
第三十四课
Flying Donuts
甜甜圈飞行器
Danny has thought of a new kind of transportation.
丹尼想到了一种新的交通工具。
He wants to give a presentation on it to the class.
他想将它介绍给全班同学。
Last night, Danny stayed up late to make his invention.
昨天晚上,丹尼熬夜制作了他的发明。
He took an old backpack.
他拿了一个旧的背包。
Then he made two cardboard rockets.
然后他做了两个硬纸板的火箭。
He pained them red and glued them onto the backpack.
他将它们画成红色并粘到了背包上。
In the morning, on his way to school, he bought ten donuts.
早上,他在上学的路上买了十个甜甜圈。
Now Danny is standing at the front of the classroom.
现在,丹尼站到了教室前面。
I would like to present my invention.
我想要介绍一下我的发明。
I call it "Flying Donuts".
我管它叫“甜甜圈飞行器”。
With my invention, you don't need an airplane to fly.
有了我的发明,你们要飞行就不用需要飞机了。
First, you put the Flying Donuts bag on your back.
首先,你把飞行甜甜圈背包背上。
Then you turn it on and jump into the air!
然后你把它打开,跳到空中!
OK, Danny.
好的,丹尼。
But why do you call it Flying Donuts?
但是为什么你要叫它甜甜圈飞行器?
Look inside!
看里面!
See?
看见了吗?
I put ten donuts there.
我在里面放了十个甜甜圈。
What do the donuts do, Danny?
甜甜圈是干什么用的,丹尼?
The donuts are the fuel.
甜甜圈是燃料。
I don't need oil or coal.
我不需要汽油或者没有。
One donut will carry you one kilometre.
一个甜甜圈会搭载你一公里。
To go ten kilometres, you need ten donuts.
要走十公里, 你需要十个甜甜圈。
Do other types of food make the rockets go?
其它类型的食物可以使火箭运行吗?
Yes, but donuts are the best.
是的,但是甜甜圈是最好的。
Why is that?
为什么是甜甜圈?
You can eat them when you get hungry!
你饿的时候可以吃它们!
Will Danny's invention really work?
丹尼的发明真的有用吗?
Probably not, but he had fun,
也许不是, 但是他得到了乐趣,
and he used his imagination!
而且他运用了自己的想象力!
You can do it, too!
你也可以这样做!
Do you like my invention?
你喜欢我的发明吗?