Water talks
水的谈话
Dora was in the bathroom. The tap was on.
Dora 在浴室里。水龙头开着。
“Turn that tap off,” said an angry voice.
“把那东西关了,”一个愤怒的声音说。
“You're wasting water.”
“你这是在浪费水。”
Dora looked around, but there was no one there.
Dora 看了看四周,一个人也没有。
“Who are you?”
“你是谁?”
“I'm a drop of water. Do you know where I come from?”
“我是一滴水。你知道我来自哪吗?”
“From the tap?” asked Dora.
“来自水龙头?”Dora 问。
“A few days ago, I was in a cloud,” said the drop of water.
“几天前,我在一朵云里,”那滴水说。
“Then I dropped into a river and ran into a reservoir.
“然后,我落进了一条河里,流到了一个水库。
Then it was time for people to clean me.”
然后,人们对我进行了净化。”
“Clean you?” Dora asked.
“净化你?”Dora 问道。
“Yes. I was dirty. They cleaned me and added some chemicals to me.
“是的,我(原本)是脏的。他们净化我,并给我加入了一些化学物质。
Then I travelled through the pipes under the streets and now I'm here.”
然后,我穿过街道下面的管道,现在我来到了这里。”
Dora asked, “So is this the end of your journey?”
Dora 问道,“这就是你旅程的结局吗?”
“No. People will make me clean again.
“不,人们会再次把我处理干净。
I'll go into a river and then into the sea again.”
我会被排到江河里,然后再次流入大海。”
“Again?”
“再次?”
“Yes. My journey starts there.
“是的。我的旅程从这里开始。
Remember not to waste or pollute me. I'm valuable.”
切记不要浪费或污染了我,我是有用的。”
Dora turned the tap off and came out of the bathroom.
Dora 关上了水龙头,走出了浴室。