Conversation Two
对话二
M: Hey, there. How are you?
嘿,你好吗?
W: Oh, hi. I'm great! Thanks. And you look great, too.
我很好!谢谢。你看起来也很不错。
M: Thank you. It's good to see you shopping at the organic section.
谢谢,很高兴看到你在有机食品区购物。
I see you've got lots of healthy stuff. I wish I could buy more organic produce from here,
我知道你买了很多健康食品,我希望我能从这里买更多的有机产品,
but I find the kids don't like it. I don't know about yours, but mine are all about junk food.
但是我的孩子不喜欢这些健康食品,就喜欢吃垃圾食品,
W: Oh, trust me! I know exactly how you feel.
我十分能够理解你的感受,
My children are the same. What is it with kids these days and all that junk food they eat?
我的孩子也是这样。现在的孩子为什么都喜欢吃垃圾食品?
I think it's all that advertising on TV. That's where they get it.
我认为是电视广告影响了孩子们对食物的选择。
M: Yes, it must be.
是的,一定是这样。
My children see something on TV and they immediately want it.
孩子们看到电视上有什么就立马想要什么。
It's like they don't realize it's just an advertisement.
就像他们没有意识到这只是一个广告。
W: Right. And practically everything that's advertised for children is unhealthy processed foods.
对的,几乎所有打广告的儿童食品都是不健康的加工食品。
No surprise then it becomes a battle for us parents to feed our children ordinary fruit and vegetables.
毫无疑问,父母喂孩子吃普通水果和蔬菜就变成了一场战争。
M: That's just the thing. One never sees ordinary ingredients being advertised on TV.
是的,人们从来没有在电视上看到过普通原料的广告。
It's never a carrot or a peach. It's always some garbage, like chocolate-covered sweets. So unhealthy.
从来没有胡萝卜或桃子,都是一些垃圾,像巧克力糖果,所以很不健康。
W: Exactly. And these big food corporations have so much money to spend on clever tactics designed to make young children want to buy their products.
没错,大型食品公司会花很多钱设计一些聪明的策略,就是为了让小孩子们去购买他们的产品,
Children never stand a chance. It's really not fair.
孩子们根本没有机会拒绝,真是太不公平了。
M: You are so right. When we were children, we barely had any junk food available, and we turned out just fine.
你说得太对了,我们还是孩子的时候几乎接触不到垃圾食品,很健康。
W: Yes, My parents don't understand any of it.
是的,我的父母一点也不懂这些。
Both the TV commercials and the supermarkets are alien to them.
电视广告和超市对他们来说都是陌生的。
Their world was so different back when they were young.
他们年轻时候的世界和现在不一样。
M: I don't know what will happen to the next generation.
我不知道下一代会发生什么事。
W: The world is going crazy.
世界快疯了。
M: You bet.
当然啦
Questions 5 to 8 are based on the conversation you have just heard.
请根据你刚才听到的对话回答5-8题
5. What do the speakers say about the food their children like?
问题5:关于孩子们喜欢的食物,说话者说了些什么?
6. According to the speakers, what affects children's choice of food most?
问题6:根据说话者的说法,什么对孩子的食物选择影响最大?
7. What do the speakers believe big food corporations are doing?
问题7:说话者认为大型食品公司在做什么?
8. What do we know about the speakers when they were children?
问题8:当说话者还是孩子的时候,我们对他们了解多少?