Those Childhood Days
童年时光
When you came into the world, she held you in her arms.
你来到人世,她抱你在怀。
You thanked her by weeping your eyes out.
你报答她,哭得天昏地暗。
When you were 1 year old, she fed you and bathed you.
你1岁时,她为你哺乳,为你洗澡。
You thanked her by crying all night long.
你报答她,哭了个通宵。
When you were 2 years old, she taught you to walk.
你2岁时,她教你走路。
You thanked her by running away when she called.
你报答她,她一叫你就跑。
When you were 3 years old, she made all your meals with love.
你3岁时,她满怀爱心为你备三餐。
You thanked her by tossing your plate on the floor.
你报答她,把盘子一抛摔在地。
When you were 4 years old, she gave you some crayons.
你4岁时,她给你几支彩笔。
You thanked her by coloring the dining room table.
你报答她,把餐桌涂成大花脸。
When you were 5 years old, she dressed you for the holidays.
你5岁时,节日里她盛妆打扮你。
You thanked her by plopping into the nearest pile of mud.
你报答她,扑通一声摔进旁边一堆泥巴里。
When you were 6 years old, she walked you to school.
你6岁时,她步行送你去上学。
You thanked her by screaming, “I'm not going!”
你报答她,扯着嗓子叫:“我就是不去!”
When you were 7 years old, she bought you a baseball.
你7岁时,她给你买来个棒球。
You thanked her by throwing it through the next-door-neighbor's window.
你报答她,把邻居的玻璃砸得稀里哗啦。
When you were 8 years old, she handed you an ice cream.
你8岁时,她递给你一支冰淇淋。
You thanked her by dripping it all over your lap.
你报答她,膝盖上滴的全是它。
When you were 9 years old, she paid for piano lessons.
你9岁时,她掏钱让你学钢琴。
You thanked her by never even bothering to practice.
你报答她,从来不费心去练它。
When you were 10 years old, she drove you all day, from soccer to gymnastics to one birthday party after another.
你10岁时,她整天开车为你忙,从足球场到健身房,到一个又一个的生日会场。
You thanked her by jumping out of the car and never looking back.
你报答她,跳下车,头也不回背朝她。
When you were 11 years old, she took you and your friends to the movies.
你11岁,她带你和朋友去影院。
You thanked her by asking to sit in a different row.
你报答她,请她坐到另一排。
When you were 12 years old, she warned you not to watch certain TV shows.
你12岁,她警告你有些电视不要看。
You thanked her by waiting until she left the house.
你报答她,等她离开偏要看。
Those Teenage Years
少年岁月
When you were 13, she suggested a haircut that was becoming.
你13岁,她建议你把发型剪得体。
You thanked her by telling her she had no taste.
你报答她,对她连说没品味。
When you were 14, she paid for a month away at summer camp.
14岁时,她掏钱送你进夏令营。
You thanked her by forgetting to write a single letter.
你报答她,整月没有一封信。
When you were 15, she came home from work, looking for a hug.
15岁时,她下班回到家,期望有人拥抱她。
You thanked her by having your bedroom door locked.
你报答她,把房门反锁不理她。
When you were 16, she taught you how to drive her car.
你16岁时,她手把手教你开她的车。
You thanked her by taking it every chance you could.
你报答她,逮着机会就玩车。
When you were 17, she was expecting an important call.
你17岁,她在等一个重要电话。
You thanked her by being on the phone all night.
你报答她,电话粥煲了一通宵。
When you were 18, she cried at your high school graduation.
18岁你高中毕业时,她喜极而泣把泪洒。
You thanked her by staying out partying until dawn.
你报答她,在外面聚会通宵达旦不回家。